This might be the column array we have been waiting for

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Just sold everything! They were not interested in the f1s but couldn’t resist when I turned them on paired with the l1. Sold for such a high price that I literally don’t have to spend one penny to move over to the db tech.

Reactions: steve149
Got a chance to test out the new system at my NYE gig. It was just a house party (outside) for 50 people. I just used one and did a wireless speaker inside.

They sounded pretty darn good, and I actually used the Bose processing which cleaned things up a little on the high end. Obviously, not perfect- I actually had to bump the midrange, but overall a great sound.

However, I do miss the lower sub frequencies that I got with my Bose setup. The midbass hits pretty hard to make up for it, so it definitely has a different sound b/c of that. I don't think anyone cared, BUT I had one person telling me to turn it louder. That doesn't happen much, so that was really shocking.

With that said, I was suprsied how quickly they go into limit (red light flashing quite a bit). I am not quite sure the Bose would have been into the limit to get the volume needed for the party which is crazy to fathom.

Again, a great example of how spec sheets don't tell the whole story.

I will continue to evaluate and post my final impressions after 10 gigs, playing at venues I am very familiar with.

Reactions: ittigger
But I can get 2 RCF EVOX J8 for less money than a single Model II and be ahead of the game. Not as much a fan of the aesthetics of the J8 though .. wish they were closer to the standard EVOX 8.

I agree with you on the aesthetics, but I've been so pleased with my Evox 8 system that I just ordered one JMIX8 and one J8 and will be selling off my old Bose L1's and an EV Live-X system. The need for big speakers just doesn't exist anymore - if I can't cover the room with 4 Evox modules going forward (the JMIX 8, J8 & two Evox 8's), then I'll borrow or rent a bigger system.

I agree with you on the aesthetics, but I've been so pleased with my Evox 8 system that I just ordered one JMIX8 and one J8 and will be selling off my old Bose L1's and an EV Live-X system. The need for big speakers just doesn't exist anymore - if I can't cover the room with 4 Evox modules going forward (the JMIX 8, J8 & two Evox 8's), then I'll borrow or rent a bigger system.
I'm glad they sound good. A pair of JMix/J8 might be the replacement for my JBL system.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I still think the Bose L1 M2 look great, and are probably the nicest overall looking column speaker. But I can get 2 RCF EVOX J8 for less money than a single Model II and be ahead of the game. Not as much a fan of the aesthetics of the J8 though .. wish they were closer to the standard EVOX 8.

I haven’t seen the J8 in person. They look OK in pictures, so what is it about the way they look that you don’t like?

Maybe I need to see if GC has a J8 I can go look at?

I haven’t seen the J8 in person. They look OK in pictures, so what is it about the way they look that you don’t like?

Maybe I need to see if GC has a J8 I can go look at?
Chunkier, angled top, plasticy looking.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat