Bar & Club Thia ia the sadest and funniest thing I've seen as a DJ.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
I was looking on craigslist and came across something that was super crazy and funny at the same time. Someone posted about an ad on craigslist that was a hot mess. A bar owner somewhere is looking for a DJ to come and play in their place. They want this DJ to bring a crowd with them that will want to mostly drink and doesn't care if they dance or not. Just as long as they are drinking. My guess is the DJ will need to bring their own equipment. The sadest thing in the world I've ever seen since I've been a DJ is the pay. I thought it said compensation is to be $100.00. It said $10.00. Now have you ever heard of anything that crazy since you've been a DJ?

I remember back in the 80's a bar owner when he needed a DJ to play in his place paid me $75.00. I stopped playing there because he didn't want to finally agree to pay me $100.00. What is this world coming to? $10.00! Who the hell does this owner think will be that hard up to make some money. It cost me $5.00 just to start up my van. Now what would I do with the other $5.00? Tell this owner to shove it!

I used to play in many bars for peanuts, or sometimes for a cut of the door. The big money maker was the tips. If you play your cards right, 300, 400 maybe $500 for the night -- all cash I might add ;)

Also, if the owner makes a nice chunk of change on drinks, he/she will throw you some at the end of the night.

I'd work the Titty bars usually for free -- just cut of the door, and the girls each had to pay you a percentage of the tips they made. Do the math: If you have say 10 dancers, and they each give you $50 when their shift ends, that's an easy $500. If a payday night for most workers, you can double that. And the sights are nice :)

Mix,
They want this DJ to bring a crowd with them that will want to mostly drink and doesn't care if they dance or not. Just as long as they are drinking.

Mix, If you plan to spin in the bars the first thing you need to learn is dancing is secondary to drinking. Sure a perfect mixture of both is ideal but if they ain't drinkin', the bar is not making money.

And stop looking for gigs on Craigslist, or at least stop telling us about them. We can all read them for ourselves if we are interestes

Reactions: steve149