The Tariffs are coming to DJ equipment.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

adj2ent

DJ Extraordinaire
Oct 20, 2006
Long Island NY
I ran across this on my Facebook feeds. It seems some manufacturers will be increasing their prices with the 10% tariff and later this year the tariff goes to 25%. I have not validated all the information yet but for the most part it does seem correct. Luckily I'm not in the market for any new equipment as I recently replaced the car, van & computer. I am actually clearing out stuff now, if it sits it's for sale. If the 25% does happen that a pretty big jump.

DJ Gear Prices Going Up: Trump's Trade War Hits Our Industry - DJ TechTools - (https://djtechtools.com/2018/10/11/dj-gear-prices-going-up-trumps-trade-war-hits-our-industry/)

Reactions: ittigger
The last US TV manufacturer shut down a couple of months ago because although it was Assembled here the parts came from overseas and were hit by the tariffs. So I would have to said No moving back won't happen. I worked assembling items when I was in college. I lasted one day the worse job I ever had and I worked as a dishwasher. The Big question is how will the tariffs affect the foreign companies who have moved their assembly plants to the US already or were planning on moving to the US. I know LG was moving some manufacturing in the US I believe that has been either put on hold or canceled recently. A program I was working on as a rep for LG was cancelled the moment the tariffs hit. Heard the Samsung reps were hit the same time too.

The last US TV manufacturer shut down a couple of months ago because although it was Assembled here the parts came from overseas and were hit by the tariffs. So I would have to said No moving back won't happen. I worked assembling items when I was in college. I lasted one day the worse job I ever had and I worked as a dishwasher. The Big question is how will the tariffs affect the foreign companies who have moved their assembly plants to the US already or were planning on moving to the US. I know LG was moving some manufacturing in the US I believe that has been either put on hold or canceled recently. A program I was working on as a rep for LG was cancelled the moment the tariffs hit. Heard the Samsung reps were hit the same time too.
I agree .. phones, laptops, TVs, etc won't come back, but amps, speakers, maybe even some lighting just might.

I agree .. phones, laptops, TVs, etc won't come back, but amps, speakers, maybe even some lighting just might.

Unless, of course....the manufacturers here in the States have to use parts from other countries.
In which case, they would still have to deal with tariffs.

As far as what I heard working as a rep for LG, their plans to open some manufacturing plants here before all of this crap started have been cancelled. My program along.other were terminated the minute tariffs hit. I’ve heard no plans for any manufacturers to move anything here. Personally I’d be looking for expanding into other markets since even if you moved manufacturing here you’d still get hit with tariffs and have to pay much much much more for labor. It’s a no Brainer.

Reactions: SEDJ