The sub is fixed.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
Just finishing repairing the Yorkville 801p sub that wasn't working. The voice coil on the woofer was burnt. Don't know how it happened. We just to wait for a day we could fix it outside. We weren't going to take that heavy mother inside. I got to see why they want the money they do for those subs. Serious wood cabinets! Back using the subs again when needed. Better than fighting with the Earthquakes having to use an amp.

Just finishing repairing the Yorkville 801p sub that wasn't working. The voice coil on the woofer was burnt. Don't know how it happened. We just to wait for a day we could fix it outside. We weren't going to take that heavy mother inside. I got to see why they want the money they do for those subs. Serious wood cabinets! Back using the subs again when needed. Better than fighting with the Earthquakes having to use an amp.

Glad you got it fixed.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PhaseIIPro
I gather that you replaced the speaker. Was it an original factory speaker or something else?
You'd be surprised what can be done with Duct Tape and shoe polish.

I gather that you replaced the speaker. Was it an original factory speaker or something else?

I would almost be willing to bet money that he didn't do a proper repair/replace on the driver. Most likely snatched a woofer out of one of the vega's and put it in the yorkville. A proper repair would cost him money to recone, replace, or send to yorkville for a gracious warranty repair. All of the listed things would cost money, or require him to take time to do it property.

Next thread from him will include that Yorkville not sounding correct, or better yet that one next being blown.

Reactions: DJKLEEN and DJ TJ
I would almost be willing to bet money that he didn't do a proper repair/replace on the driver. Most likely snatched a woofer out of one of the vega's and put it in the yorkville. A proper repair would cost him money to recone, replace, or send to yorkville for a gracious warranty repair. All of the listed things would cost money, or require him to take time to do it property.

Next thread from him will include that Yorkville not sounding correct, or better yet that one next being blown.

Don't give the guy grief.