The Official Introductions Thread

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
You can!!![emoji4]... Copy and paste... Might want to do a replace on the name and location, though.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, but then we'd have to append #fakenews to every one of Shawn's posts ..

Usually we don't see Bio info like what you posted. Experience and knowledge tend to be received moreover when you Post to threads. To me your experience is certainly well grounded. Welcome aboard. Some of us "old" DJ (in age) aren't as well versed as many of the younger DJ generation in new technology, so we (me, in particular) learn something new all the time. However, we older DJ have many hidden talents and will gladly contribute when needed.

However, we older DJ have many hidden talents and will gladly contribute when needed.

Yes, I can scratch, creak, crack and wobble with the best. Oh, you meant music wise ... nevermind.

Hey bro, welcome! I'm in DC as well, and from your bio it looks like you're probably a good friend of Stylus Chris (who taught me how to mix on turntables after coming up more in the mobile DJ world).

I split my time between weddings and DC nightlife now. But, I'm happy to have you here!
I do and he is a very talented DJ!

Welcome. Another wedding dj small weddings at your service. You will find Odjt a nice place to spend some of your down time. Plenty of resources and experienced dj to help out when in need. I'm in Florida Atlantic coast near Cape Canaveral.

Reactions: ittigger
Hey everyone, I've been in love with Disco-Dance music virtually all my life. I'm a New York City boy and had the pleasure of hitting the dance floors at all the great clubs here in New York from the 1977 on! I even used to dance on a local TV show here in New York called Soul Alive in 1978-1979! I took my passion to the DJ booth in 1983 and am stil spinning till this day, however now more of a Mix show guy with 2 shows The Tea Dance and Quantum Leap on 15 stations. Made my name as a Record Promoter starting at ZYX in 1992 and am still a Record Promoter now through my company Deet Promotions. I also work with zipDJ as a Marketing-Promotions consultant. What can I say I'm a Gemini and I like to keep busy! LOL

Hey everyone, I've been in love with Disco-Dance music virtually all my life. I'm a New York City boy and had the pleasure of hitting the dance floors at all the great clubs here in New York from the 1977 on! I even used to dance on a local TV show here in New York called Soul Alive in 1978-1979! I took my passion to the DJ booth in 1983 and am stil spinning till this day, however now more of a Mix show guy with 2 shows The Tea Dance and Quantum Leap on 15 stations. Made my name as a Record Promoter starting at ZYX in 1992 and am still a Record Promoter now through my company Deet Promotions. I also work with zipDJ as a Marketing-Promotions consultant. What can I say I'm a Gemini and I like to keep busy! LOL
Welcome aboard ...

Hey all! I did some bar work ages ago, and spent the next 20 years working on my current business as a magician. I've had a few people tell me I'd be great as a dj and admittedly, I am a great entertainer, so I'm looking to add this to my company next year.

Looking just to be the guy who can emcee, play good music, fill the dance floor and entertain the crowd a bit. I'm tired of hearing about the guys who hit go on a playlist, go for a smoke, and never say 'hi' to the crowd....

Welcome Craig .. I suck at magic. :)

Hi guys, I'm afraid that I might be the only one on this forum that is not a DJ !!
I'm actually a drummer in a band, and as the rest of the band have no knowledge about sound matters, I've elected myself as the sound man, and I'm interested in getting our old (passive) PA system sounding as good as possible.
I have purchased an active crossover so that I sure that can get the right signal going into our two Wharfedale 18" Subs, and not overload the Peavey tops with unnecessary bass signal ; I was looking for the best way to wire in the Subs to the two Amps, and thought that your members might be able to help; needless to say I found what I was looking for in the forum already, so many thanks for that.
I am sure that I will need more advice as we progress towards good quality live sound, but in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions as to good quality affordable ( I know ) passive speakers for smaller gigs, probably 12" plus tweeter, that I could use with just one of our Wharfdale Subs, that info would also be very useful ? We play 70's Rock, so will need to handle high spl's !

Reactions: djcrazychris
Hi guys, I'm afraid that I might be the only one on this forum that is not a DJ !!
I'm actually a drummer in a band, and as the rest of the band have no knowledge about sound matters, I've elected myself as the sound man, and I'm interested in getting our old (passive) PA system sounding as good as possible.
I have purchased an active crossover so that I sure that can get the right signal going into our two Wharfedale 18" Subs, and not overload the Peavey tops with unnecessary bass signal ; I was looking for the best way to wire in the Subs to the two Amps, and thought that your members might be able to help; needless to say I found what I was looking for in the forum already, so many thanks for that.
I am sure that I will need more advice as we progress towards good quality live sound, but in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions as to good quality affordable ( I know ) passive speakers for smaller gigs, probably 12" plus tweeter, that I could use with just one of our Wharfdale Subs, that info would also be very useful ? We play 70's Rock, so will need to handle high spl's !
Welcome .. so we don't clog up this thread, open a new one in the "Gear" area and I'm sure we can give you at least a few things to try. If you can list what exact speakers/subs they are, amps you have, crossover model, etc, that would make it a little easier.

Reactions: ittigger
James “DJ Dub” Graham has touched the lives of party people, dancers, dj’s past, present and music lovers in DC’s historically rich nightlife culture. He has has been a trailblazer in DC’s dance music scene for over the past 30 plus years and during the 1980’s James quickly became one of the biggest influences in developing the house music scene in Washington DC. Inspiration came from The Paradise Garage (NYC), The Zanzibar (NJ), and The Clubhouse (DC) and the DJ’s who played there were his greatest influences. The major contributions he has made to DC’s house music scene include the founding of Washington’s first warehouse party, his ground breaking radio mix show (House Music After-Hours) on WPGC-FM, and being an assistant director of the O.M.A.P. record pool and working at 12” Dance Records. On a national level James was a contributing music reviewer for DMA magazine and was asked to participate as a panelist on several forums at The Winter Music Conference. James has held residencies at Safari, Metropolis, Tracks DC, The Ritz, Bohemian Caverns, Badlands, Aki, Modern, Sanctuary, and Mie N Yu. He also has had guest appearances at Numbers (DC), Crystal City Underground (VA), The Clubhouse (DC), The Pier /Eastside (DC), Mars/La Muse (NYC), Chapter III (DC), Kilimanjaro (DC), Fifth Column (DC), The Vault (DC), Andalu (DC), Club Red (DC), Cloud Nine (Rehoboth Beach), Boom Boom Room (Chicago), Nation (DC), Good Love (Baltimore) and the 9:30 Club (DC).

Originally born in New York City, his family moved to Philadelphia, and then eventually settled in Washington, DC. His mother Kristin (R.I.P.) every weekend would play a blend of Disco, Jazz, Latin, Rock and Soul music throughout the home. This was the sound that would eventually shape the style of what James would play as a DJ. His voracious appetite for music started at around 10 years of age when he started buying albums and 45’s, and by the late 70’s was collecting 12” singles.

James is known for his seamless mixing and creative programming which maintains the energy throughout the night. Surprisingly to most people in the club scene, James does not drink, smoke or do any drugs. He is fueled completely and totally by the music! James has also donated his time and talent to raise funds for many good causes such as the Boarder Babies Project, Life Beat and The Whitman Walker Clinic. After working 10 plus years at 12” Dance Records, James and 2 business partners bought the store and renovated it and reopened it as DJ Hut. The store experienced a renaissance period where it became once again DC’s premier record, CD and DJ equipment store. James and house music have brought people of all races, sexual orientations and walks of live together through the love of music. James is particularly proud of the house music community in Washington, and he works to keep the house music beat pulsing. James has developed a scene; helped create a community and works daily to keep house music moving forward.
James' mom agrees...
ba dum tssh .jpg

Peace...out!

Reactions: djcrazychris
My name is Juan. My DJ name is Da Gator. I was a mobile Dj about 15-16 years ago. My equipment were vinyl and Technics 1200s. Which by the way, I still have. Won't be ever selling these babies. I stopped DJing for along while. Recently, I've gotten the urge to get into DJing. Been watching videos on all of these controllers that have been or are coming out. Lol, my first controller was an ION Dj controller. Very basic but, I was able to experience how a controller works. I recently bought the wego 4. I bought it due to its portability. I love it. Will little by little, start getting the rest of my equipment (speakers, lights). Not sure if I'll be doing mobile parties just yet but, I can also have the equipment for hobby. Also plan on building my facade. Looking forward to that. Other than that, hopefully as time goes on and I need help with a question, I can get some good advice. Thank you

My name is Juan. My DJ name is Da Gator. I was a mobile Dj about 15-16 years ago. My equipment were vinyl and Technics 1200s. Which by the way, I still have. Won't be ever selling these babies. I stopped DJing for along while. Recently, I've gotten the urge to get into DJing. Been watching videos on all of these controllers that have been or are coming out. Lol, my first controller was an ION Dj controller. Very basic but, I was able to experience how a controller works. I recently bought the wego 4. I bought it due to its portability. I love it. Will little by little, start getting the rest of my equipment (speakers, lights). Not sure if I'll be doing mobile parties just yet but, I can also have the equipment for hobby. Also plan on building my facade. Looking forward to that. Other than that, hopefully as time goes on and I need help with a question, I can get some good advice. Thank you

Hi Juan! Welcome to ODJT.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk