The Official Introductions Thread

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Welcome Ryan .. I recall the user name from the "other", non-functional board, so welcome to our place in the net.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Welcome Ryan .. I recall the user name from the "other", non-functional board, so welcome to our place in the net.

Thanks! Yes...I was on another board which no longer appears to be up and running at the moment... I know they've had some issues in the past. What exactly happened and is going on there?

Welcome Ryan. With a name like that, I'm sure you brought a Camaro for each of us, right? ;)

Thanks! I wish...currently mine isn't even operable - transmission went out on Labor Day and I haven't had the time to rebuild it... :)

Reactions: ittigger
Thanks! Yes...I was on another board which no longer appears to be up and running at the moment... I know they've had some issues in the past. What exactly happened and is going on there?

We're not sure .. many of us used to visit there, but this is a bit homier.

Reactions: SEDJ and ittigger
You are home now, you don't need to worry about that other place.

Welcome Ryan and Oldschool!! Would love to see pics of your set ups in action! Always fun to see what everyone is rockin!

cc

Reactions: ittigger
Good afternoon! Just registered for an account here, but have been a long time follower. I'm from Upstate NY. I've learned a ton from this site already and hope to continue to learn more! I have a long background as a musician and have within the past year starting to dj events.

Good afternoon! Just registered for an account here, but have been a long time follower. I'm from Upstate NY. I've learned a ton from this site already and hope to continue to learn more! I have a long background as a musician and have within the past year starting to dj events.

Welcome to our little corner of the virtual world. Glad you decided to join us.[emoji4]

James “DJ Dub” Graham has touched the lives of party people, dancers, dj’s past, present and music lovers in DC’s historically rich nightlife culture. He has has been a trailblazer in DC’s dance music scene for over the past 30 plus years and during the 1980’s James quickly became one of the biggest influences in developing the house music scene in Washington DC. Inspiration came from The Paradise Garage (NYC), The Zanzibar (NJ), and The Clubhouse (DC) and the DJ’s who played there were his greatest influences. The major contributions he has made to DC’s house music scene include the founding of Washington’s first warehouse party, his ground breaking radio mix show (House Music After-Hours) on WPGC-FM, and being an assistant director of the O.M.A.P. record pool and working at 12” Dance Records. On a national level James was a contributing music reviewer for DMA magazine and was asked to participate as a panelist on several forums at The Winter Music Conference. James has held residencies at Safari, Metropolis, Tracks DC, The Ritz, Bohemian Caverns, Badlands, Aki, Modern, Sanctuary, and Mie N Yu. He also has had guest appearances at Numbers (DC), Crystal City Underground (VA), The Clubhouse (DC), The Pier /Eastside (DC), Mars/La Muse (NYC), Chapter III (DC), Kilimanjaro (DC), Fifth Column (DC), The Vault (DC), Andalu (DC), Club Red (DC), Cloud Nine (Rehoboth Beach), Boom Boom Room (Chicago), Nation (DC), Good Love (Baltimore) and the 9:30 Club (DC).

Originally born in New York City, his family moved to Philadelphia, and then eventually settled in Washington, DC. His mother Kristin (R.I.P.) every weekend would play a blend of Disco, Jazz, Latin, Rock and Soul music throughout the home. This was the sound that would eventually shape the style of what James would play as a DJ. His voracious appetite for music started at around 10 years of age when he started buying albums and 45’s, and by the late 70’s was collecting 12” singles.

James is known for his seamless mixing and creative programming which maintains the energy throughout the night. Surprisingly to most people in the club scene, James does not drink, smoke or do any drugs. He is fueled completely and totally by the music! James has also donated his time and talent to raise funds for many good causes such as the Boarder Babies Project, Life Beat and The Whitman Walker Clinic. After working 10 plus years at 12” Dance Records, James and 2 business partners bought the store and renovated it and reopened it as DJ Hut. The store experienced a renaissance period where it became once again DC’s premier record, CD and DJ equipment store. James and house music have brought people of all races, sexual orientations and walks of live together through the love of music. James is particularly proud of the house music community in Washington, and he works to keep the house music beat pulsing. James has developed a scene; helped create a community and works daily to keep house music moving forward.

James “DJ Dub” Graham has touched the lives of party people, dancers, dj’s past, present and music lovers in DC’s historically rich nightlife culture. He has has been a trailblazer in DC’s dance music scene for over the past 30 plus years and during the 1980’s James quickly became one of the biggest influences in developing the house music scene in Washington DC. Inspiration came from The Paradise Garage (NYC), The Zanzibar (NJ), and The Clubhouse (DC) and the DJ’s who played there were his greatest influences. The major contributions he has made to DC’s house music scene include the founding of Washington’s first warehouse party, his ground breaking radio mix show (House Music After-Hours) on WPGC-FM, and being an assistant director of the O.M.A.P. record pool and working at 12” Dance Records. On a national level James was a contributing music reviewer for DMA magazine and was asked to participate as a panelist on several forums at The Winter Music Conference. James has held residencies at Safari, Metropolis, Tracks DC, The Ritz, Bohemian Caverns, Badlands, Aki, Modern, Sanctuary, and Mie N Yu. He also has had guest appearances at Numbers (DC), Crystal City Underground (VA), The Clubhouse (DC), The Pier /Eastside (DC), Mars/La Muse (NYC), Chapter III (DC), Kilimanjaro (DC), Fifth Column (DC), The Vault (DC), Andalu (DC), Club Red (DC), Cloud Nine (Rehoboth Beach), Boom Boom Room (Chicago), Nation (DC), Good Love (Baltimore) and the 9:30 Club (DC).

Originally born in New York City, his family moved to Philadelphia, and then eventually settled in Washington, DC. His mother Kristin (R.I.P.) every weekend would play a blend of Disco, Jazz, Latin, Rock and Soul music throughout the home. This was the sound that would eventually shape the style of what James would play as a DJ. His voracious appetite for music started at around 10 years of age when he started buying albums and 45’s, and by the late 70’s was collecting 12” singles.

James is known for his seamless mixing and creative programming which maintains the energy throughout the night. Surprisingly to most people in the club scene, James does not drink, smoke or do any drugs. He is fueled completely and totally by the music! James has also donated his time and talent to raise funds for many good causes such as the Boarder Babies Project, Life Beat and The Whitman Walker Clinic. After working 10 plus years at 12” Dance Records, James and 2 business partners bought the store and renovated it and reopened it as DJ Hut. The store experienced a renaissance period where it became once again DC’s premier record, CD and DJ equipment store. James and house music have brought people of all races, sexual orientations and walks of live together through the love of music. James is particularly proud of the house music community in Washington, and he works to keep the house music beat pulsing. James has developed a scene; helped create a community and works daily to keep house music moving forward.

Hey bro, welcome! I'm in DC as well, and from your bio it looks like you're probably a good friend of Stylus Chris (who taught me how to mix on turntables after coming up more in the mobile DJ world).

I split my time between weddings and DC nightlife now. But, I'm happy to have you here!