The Official Introductions Thread

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Hello everyone. I go by HellNegative. Things started in the bedroom in 99 and got my first paid gig in 2002 (Defcon). It's been an adventure ever since. My genre of focus is Drum N Bass, but gabber and breakbeats get thrown in the mix regularly.
Welcome to the forum.

Do we have fun and games ?
No, but ...
"We are the people that can find whatever you may need
If you got the money honey, we got your disease"

Reactions: DJ Bobcat and SEDJ
Ahoy, my name is Brett Funk, and I'm a professional guitarist and guitar instructor.

Don't know if you DJ cats are into instrumental rock and roll, but that's what I do.

All my original recordings are posted for free here: Brett Funk - funky

Anyway, what brought me here is an attempt to sell some spotlights that I bought for my band, but turned out to be more suited for a DJ situation than a band situation. They've spent a few hours out of the box, and I put them up in a sacrifice auction. I won't put a link in this thread, the admin was kind enough to not delete my thread in the lighting forum, and asked me to introduce myself here, and there you have it. If you're looking for a ridiculous deal on Chauvet spotlights, look in the lighting forum.

Thanks for tolerating me. I don't know how else to get the right people to see this opportunity. I'm not a spotlight sales guy, I'm just a guy who bought the wrong kind of spotlights, and I'm willing to take a loss to get them off my hands. I have this guitar I want to buy. :D

Hello from Italy!
It's longtime I djing..now I want back on it to amuse myself at home and to hold some medium event (200 ppl)..
I post right now in DJ Gear an hel prequest about gear I'm thinkin'..
Thanks to all!
Welcome!

Good Evening everyone, I’m a newbie in Florida moved down to Sarasota FL from the Big Apple. I have been doing this since 1976 loved Disco music and the pretty girls who showed up at the clubs. Cut my long rock hair and got into the thumping sound of Disco, caught a lot of crap from my friends but they caught on real quick.

Welcome aboard the good ship ODJT Mike. Please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times - and do not under any circumstances, feed or give drinks to any of the others between midnight and 7 am.

Welcome Mike

Hello everybody! My name is Tim, and I am extremely new to DJing, unless you consider loading my big ass antique stereo into a wagon and pulling it down to a city park for a bunch of neighborhood kids when I was like 13, DJing. lol However, I have always had an enormous love for music. I sang in Concert Choir in high school and was close friends with a lot of the marching band guys. I almost always have something playing in the background, whether it be instrumental jazz, old school country, hard rock, or even some electronica/house music! lol

I am currently in the planning stages of starting up a mobile DJ service here in the eastern NC area. I have DJed two events to date, one being my sister's wedding back in the spring and the other being my mom's high school reunion a few years ago. Both of those events were done with borrowed equipment but I figure it is time to bite the bullet and get this thing off the ground by buying my own gear, considering I have already been volunteered to DJ the reunion next year! lol I look forward to getting to know the folks here and picking some brains along with way!

Hello everybody! My name is Tim, and I am extremely new to DJing, unless you consider loading my big ass antique stereo into a wagon and pulling it down to a city park for a bunch of neighborhood kids when I was like 13, DJing. lol However, I have always had an enormous love for music. I sang in Concert Choir in high school and was close friends with a lot of the marching band guys. I almost always have something playing in the background, whether it be instrumental jazz, old school country, hard rock, or even some electronica/house music! lol

I am currently in the planning stages of starting up a mobile DJ service here in the eastern NC area. I have DJed two events to date, one being my sister's wedding back in the spring and the other being my mom's high school reunion a few years ago. Both of those events were done with borrowed equipment but I figure it is time to bite the bullet and get this thing off the ground by buying my own gear, considering I have already been volunteered to DJ the reunion next year! lol I look forward to getting to know the folks here and picking some brains along with way!
Welcome. Where at in eastern NC? I grew up in southeastern Va and spent a bunch of time up and down the outer banks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Welcome Tim. You'll find alot of useful knowledge and alot of varying opinions from the peeps here - all of them are great people. You'll figure out the crap from the not so crap.

Welcome. Where at in eastern NC? I grew up in southeastern Va and spent a bunch of time up and down the outer banks.

Thank you sir! I'm in Jacksonville, Nc. The home of Camp Lejuene, the largest Marine Corps installation on the east coast. I am about an hour north of Wilmington and 1.5 to 2 hours from the outer banks if that gives you an idea.

Welcome aboard! There are so many to learn from on here. May you learn tips on what to do and what not to do!

Reactions: ittigger
Thank you sir! I'm in Jacksonville, Nc. The home of Camp Lejuene, the largest Marine Corps installation on the east coast. I am about an hour north of Wilmington and 1.5 to 2 hours from the outer banks if that gives you an idea.
I used to do computer support for Jax and Cherry Point, so yes. I have a little idea as to where you are...

Welcome aboard Tim ... When you're ready to buy gear, I'm sure we can come up with an opinion or 3 ... :)