The Official Introductions Thread

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Thank you, TwinSpin. I am located in Northern California. Typical wedding music and Spanish music, catering more to the Spanish speaking people from Mexico (rancheras, cumbias, banda, etc.).

Thanks Arturo for your excellent reply. I'm in Florida and have a multitude of Spanish and Latin in my area. Since I don't speak the language, except for border lingo (grew up in EL Paso, TX) I have little interaction. However, when in North Carolina near Fort Bragg (military post) I did play considerable Latin (Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Reggaeton) due to the mix of soldiers Active and Retired. I have an excellent collection of Promo Only Pop, Tropical and Regional Latin series, and Top Hits U.S.A. subscription of Latin (Pop, Tropical, Regional and Rhythm). Subscribed to Prime Cuts Latin for a year or so.

Nearly every wedding or military formal ball somebody would come up and request a Salsa. I frequently would at my own discretion play a couple of Merengue to test the waters. My go to Merengue was "Me Voy De Party" - Los Nuevos Sabrosos (Pro Only Feb 2003 Tropical Latin). Salsa track that seemed to get the dancers up--"La Vida Es Un Carnival" - Celia Cruz. I'd play several Spanglish tunes that had the Latin flavor and English words too, like (Bachata) "Stand By Me" - Prince Royce.

Ohhhhh, welcome and maybe I can pick your brain on the top Cumbria, banda, regeaton, etc., songs. I can start another thread later because we never go off topic here...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
LMAO, I see what you did there

I don't see what he did ... so let's talk about Bose ...

Reactions: ittigger
And how they compare to Altos or Sopranos?

I'll bet Tony Soprano don't got no Altos.

Reactions: ittigger and SEDJ
You may want to LOWER your expectations, JD, [emoji1]... but welcome to our forum.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't mind him.....he exaggerates (or not...). Welcome to the asylum, and don't mind the guards.....the patients keep them in check.

Please keep your limbs, flippers and other appendages inside the vehicle .. the vehicle .. the vehicle .. the vehicle .. the vehicle .. *WHACK* .. the vehicle at all times.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Bunch of old-timers here too! You may find their knowledge helpful when needed. Be sure to enlighten us as to your sound system and digital equipment/expertise. Welcome. I'm in the Melbourne, FL area.

Welcome aboard .. DJ JD.

Welcome JD

Hey fellow DJs...Andy here, a long time (entering my 40th year) professional DJ. These days I do mostly weddings, about 20-25 per year, along with the occasional other event. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. During the day, I am an IT Project Manager/Client Service Director for a commercial printing company. From April through November, just about every Saturday is spent in wedding world. I still love it, and will continue to rock weddings until it stops being fun. No sign of that happening yet!

Welcome aboard .. You'll find a few other Pittsburgh DJs here .. and many more in the IT world.

Hey fellow DJs...Andy here, a long time (entering my 40th year) professional DJ. These days I do mostly weddings, about 20-25 per year, along with the occasional other event. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. During the day, I am an IT Project Manager/Client Service Director for a commercial printing company. From April through November, just about every Saturday is spent in wedding world. I still love it, and will continue to rock weddings until it stops being fun. No sign of that happening yet!

Hi Andy. Welcome to our little community.[emoji4] Like any community, we have a range of personalities, experience levels, and locations... and of course we have a large criminal element.[emoji1] OK... maybe not large.[emoji1]

I'm a former IT Director; retired, but still a computer geek. Always glad to welcome a new IT guy.[emoji4] Look forward to getting to know you.[emoji4]