Weddings The Martin wedding

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

redhotdj

Its 5 O'clock somewhere
Mar 21, 2008
Richfield Springs n.y.
Saturday we traveled to the Delta Lake Inn for Elizabeth and Chads wedding reception. Its about an hour from our house, we left at 10:30 reception is from 1 to 5. We met with Elizabeth and Chad twice before their big day our last meeting with them as we were going over all the final details she informs us of two things that are going to take place. One, as Elizabeth calls it an unplugged wedding, which is No taking pictures by cell phones and posting them to social media. Two, it was a dry wedding No Alcohol. The first request I somewhat understand they didn't want everyone taking pictures of their event and posting them before they saw what the photographer had done. Number two, dry weddings I've done before they seem to be a little on the dull side but not in this event they were a great group of people to play for.
The reception took place upstairs in the banquet room and the only way into the room is either from the back of the building which consist of 15 steps then a landing then another set of 15 set then into the room, or the front of the building which had around 20 steps then into the room, I pick 20. When I get into the room over in the corner where we are to set up there is 2 speakers on tripods already set up. The manager comes over and says to use those just plug my equipment into them just don't blow them. I tell him No thank you I just bought some new speakers that I want to try and I don't use anyone Else's equipment, he said ok. So I had to take down his stuff and put it behind us so that put me behind a few minutes. By the time I got in and arranged everything and got changed the guests were starting to arrive. When you looked out the back window you could see Delta Lake and the dam. The only draw back of the day was that it seemed that the venue had the AC on low or it didn't work at all cause it was very warm inside and other people said the same thing. All in all the day went very good got a $50.00 tip ( works for me ) On the brides side they had a couple and their daughter that came all the way from Germany so I introduced them to the crowd and told them the next time anyone here today gets invited to a wedding an hour away don't complain about the drive and they all laughed.100_2779.jpg 100_2780.jpg 100_2781.jpg 100_2782.jpg 100_2783.jpg

Very nice!!! I could not do it (because of the steps), but it's a nice location[emoji4].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a slight, as the setup looks good and clean, but in the future, if you do this venue again, you may want to run the speaker cables down the pole, behind a front leg and down to the floor and then across the bottom of the stage and back up under the table .. and tape it into that bottom crease .. less conspicuous than crossing the stage floor.

Reactions: ittigger
Not a slight, as the setup looks good and clean, but in the future, if you do this venue again, you may want to run the speaker cables down the pole, behind a front leg and down to the floor and then across the bottom of the stage and back up under the table .. and tape it into that bottom crease .. less conspicuous than crossing the stage floor.

I do see what you are saying nice point. I took this pic as everyone was coming in, like I said moving there equipment put me behind. Your input will be well used in the future thanks.
Oh and Mix updated my look you like

Cool man that looks great! I thought that was you but wasn't sure because I didn't see the banner in front of the table. Glad everyone had a good time. I hate when they either don't have any AC or don't have it high enough. I was at the networking meeting and the AC was too high. Everybody was complaining it was too cold in the room and it wasn't that hot outside to have it even half that high.

You are right, they are more of a "vocal" application speaker. Great clarity though, and if your using them with subs it shouldn't matter. I see from the pics that you didn't.

Not sure but it looks like a small venue. If so and there were 100 guests or less, depending on the layout of the venue, it's not always necessary to get the sound up over their heads and I probably would have left the speakers on the ground to get a little more low end out of them if I wasn't bringing subs.

Last edited: