The last couple of months have been a tough time.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
This is not about the DJ business. It's been a tough time because in the last 2 months I've attended 3 funerals. First one of my favorite members in the fellowship suddenly died on a Wednesday. Then one of my best friends wife friends died that she knew since she was 12 years old. This past Wednesday had to find out one of the members mother died. Later on that night had find out another guy in the fellowship who was a great guy died too. His funeral was yesterday.

Now today my oldest niece is having a memorial for her husband that died last year. That one really hits home because the day of their wedding I was the DJ. That's my favorite event of all times that I have ever done in my 30 years of DJing.
All I can say to end it is we all for those who believe need to thank God for us still being here.

Reactions: Ausumm
Sorry Mix. Keep the faith, brother.

There is something about our age bracket (I'm assuming that you're near my age, and what appears to be the mean average of most here; I'm 53 this year)-- people that we know start dying. It's something most don't prepare for; when we're young, it's just not on our radar screen-- we feel invincible and we think things will always be as they are.

My wife and family and I are just coming out of a "Decade from Hell;" we've had a lot of major losses and a lot of change. But it does tend to drive you to your knees, and help you get your priorities straight, which are good things.

God Bless and Stay the Course. Things will get better. And, you have music! Many people don't have that blessing/understanding in their lives...

GJ

Sorry to hear Mix. Like GJ said we are getting to that age where funerals become a social outing. I've been to several this year myself.

Sorry to hear, Mix. it's never easy.
Fortunately, not many of my family members have passed in my lifetime...
unfortunately, it has made me totally unprepared,
so I am in for some real emotional hardships when it happens.

Makes a good argument for settling old disagreements,
and making sure you keep in touch with people you love.
(even if you hate them at the moment)

Reactions: dunlopj