The 600Mhz Band Takeback is Starting Earlier Than Expected ...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Update on the 600 MHz band ...

The Non-station-notification pdf shows the frequencies and sub-sections

The FIPS-Notification pdf shows what counties have rolled out or when they will roll out the T-Mobile 600 MHz services that will curtail wireless mic use (except for the 2 gap bands).

Attachments

• Non-Station-Notification-ltr.pdf
    110.2 KB · Views: 8
  • FIPS-Notification-by-county-020519.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
BTW ...

Sennheiser 600 MHz trade in rebates are still on through the end of March ... Sennheiser - Headphones & Headsets - Microphones - Business Communications - (https://en-us.sennheiser.com/600-mhz-promo)

Shure trade in has expired

Audio-Technica good through end of March .. 600 MHz Trade-In Rebate Program - up to $450 trade-in rebate available || Audio-Technica US - (https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/features/4ddd25a5a0a51fcf/index.html)

AKG trade in has expired

Samson goo until the end of April .. 600MHz Wireless Microphone Rebate – Samson Blog - (https://blog.samson.co/blog/600-mhz-wireless-microphone-rebate/)

The rebates are for the system you buy .. not the ones you trade in .. most allow any brand to be traded in as long as they work and you include both transmitter and receiver.

Reactions: SEDJ
Least you have a few more months to go
Yea ... and they're only using 2 of the 6 sub-bands (or whatever they call the A-G channels, so it won't be too congested this year.

As I said before, I'm just hoping to be able to limp through with 1-2 mics in those 600MHz gap bands for now. I have one 500 MHz mic, though I might get a new Sennheiser if I get a deal in the next month or so.

Yea ... and they're only using 2 of the 6 sub-bands (or whatever they call the A-G channels, so it won't be too congested this year.

As I said before, I'm just hoping to be able to limp through with 1-2 mics in those 600MHz gap bands for now. I have one 500 MHz mic, though I might get a new Sennheiser if I get a deal in the next month or so.
Same here, going to try and limp to 2020 if I can, and of course , for Phoenix, they did the west side first , right now it shows "CD" whatever that means , I think my mics are in the low 600 range.

Same here, going to try and limp to 2020 if I can, and of course , for Phoenix, they did the west side first , right now it shows "CD" whatever that means , I think my mics are in the low 600 range.
There are 6 sub-bands or channels for both the uplink and downlink frequencies in the 600 MHz space .. they're labelled A-G. In some areas they're using 5 or all 6 of those bands. In CT, they're only using 2 (so 1/3 of the total space). In your area, also seems to be just 1/3 of the space (just C and D bands). They'll probably grow that to the full ABCDEFG usage over time, but for now it means just 627-637 MHz (the CD uplink bands) and 673-683 MHz (the CD downlink bands) are allocated for use .. stay away from those and you should be OK for a little longer.

There are 6 sub-bands or channels for both the uplink and downlink frequencies in the 600 MHz space .. they're labelled A-G. In some areas they're using 5 or all 6 of those bands. In CT, they're only using 2 (so 1/3 of the total space). In your area, also seems to be just 1/3 of the space (just C and D bands). They'll probably grow that to the full ABCDEFG usage over time, but for now it means just 627-637 MHz (the CD uplink bands) and 673-683 MHz (the CD downlink bands) are allocated for use .. stay away from those and you should be OK for a little longer.
See, I knew you would know what the CD and meant, thank you for that info , mine are in the 630-660 range.
So the 600 band is divided up between ABCDEFG?

See, I knew you would know what the CD and meant, thank you for that info , mine are in the 630-660 range.
So the 600 band is divided up between ABCDEFG?
Sort of .. twice .. if you look at the file "Non-station-notification-ltr" you'll see the breakdown. There are uplink (broadcast) channels and downlink (receiving) channels .. 6 of each used in pairs (plus some other white space and control frequencies). Eventually all 6 channels will be used .. either by T-Mobile or another carrier. T-Mobile doesn't have all of it US wide, they just bought a boat load.

Sort of .. twice .. if you look at the file "Non-station-notification-ltr" you'll see the breakdown. There are uplink (broadcast) channels and downlink (receiving) channels .. 6 of each used in pairs (plus some other white space and control frequencies). Eventually all 6 channels will be used .. either by T-Mobile or another carrier. T-Mobile doesn't have all of it US wide, they just bought a boat load.

Oh right,up/down/ yeah forgot part , it seems TMO bought the majority of the band, which as a TMO user, maybe that might give us some decent mobile internet soon.

Oh right,up/down/ yeah forgot part , it seems TMO bought the majority of the band, which as a TMO user, maybe that might give us some decent mobile internet soon.
I guess that would be their plan .. hopefully it works

I guess that would be their plan .. hopefully it works
If I am not mistaken, and forgive me if I am wrong as I havent been following this allocation of the 600 band very closely outside of how it effects us with devices that operate in 600 band, but isnt the 600 band going to be used for the 5G thats coming/here ?

If I am not mistaken, and forgive me if I am wrong as I havent been following this allocation of the 600 band very closely outside of how it effects us with devices that operate in 600 band, but isnt the 600 band going to be used for the 5G thats coming/here ?
Yes (this article is for PR, but still applies) ... T-Mobile 600 MHz Extended Range LTE Now Live in More Than 1,250 Cities & Towns, Laying the Foundation for 5G - (https://www.t-mobile.com/news/600-mhz-update-puerto-rico)

Gap Band - One of my favorite bands from the 80's :)
Looks like there is about a 11MHz gap that 'could' be used if needed, but honestly, I am over playing the games and just ready to move onto another frequency.
I picked up a pair of used AT2000's series w/Bodypacks in the 'I' band and believe that I am going that route. Luckily it looks like I have 'til Q4 in Jefferson County, KY to officially make the move. I had a GREAT run in the 'D' band with my AT 2000 systems though. Hate having great condition gear that is rendered worthless though. Anyone on here live in Canada or abroad looking for a mic system :)

Gap Band - One of my favorite bands from the 80's :)
Looks like there is about a 11MHz gap that 'could' be used if needed, but honestly, I am over playing the games and just ready to move onto another frequency.
I picked up a pair of used AT2000's series w/Bodypacks in the 'I' band and believe that I am going that route. Luckily it looks like I have 'til Q4 in Jefferson County, KY to officially make the move. I had a GREAT run in the 'D' band with my AT 2000 systems though. Hate having great condition gear that is rendered worthless though. Anyone on here live in Canada or abroad looking for a mic system :)
Since I have 6 AT 3000 series receivers and many transmitters in the D band, I'm going to find a way to make it work for now.

I feel your pain Steve. I have 6 AT 2000 receivers, 2-Handheld, 3-bodypacks. 5 of the receivers are rack mounted (2 in floating rack case, 2 in my ceremony rig, 1 racked in my main rig & 1-floater.) I also have 4-sets of 1/2 wave antenna's. Fortunately, Many of the receivers were purchased gently used at deep discounts. I have loved the flexibility that this has afforded me when doing setups and would like to do the same.

Reactions: steve149
I feel your pain Steve. I have 6 AT 2000 receivers, 2-Handheld, 3-bodypacks. 5 of the receivers are rack mounted (2 in floating rack case, 2 in my ceremony rig, 1 racked in my main rig & 1-floater.) I also have 4-sets of 1/2 wave antenna's. Fortunately, Many of the receivers were purchased gently used at deep discounts. I have loved the flexibility that this has afforded me when doing setups and would like to do the same.
Thats gonna hurt not to be able to use all of that.

Reactions: NightOwlDJs