Super cheap bride!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
My friend told me last night he had a bride getting married that wanted him to put all the music she wanted for her wedding in order on a flash drive. He couldn't do it for her. I told him I wouldn't do it. Either she would pay me my fee to DJ her wedding or she would get nothing from me.

Anybody run across a cheap bride like her?

Im sorta confused....do u mean she wanted this done so that she could play it instead of a dj....or did she want this as an addition to his dj service?

Obviously we arent in the business of file sharing... but if she mistakenly thought this would be something simple she could ask for since she feels shes paying dearly for those songs to be played....doesnt mean she's cheap...it just means she is misinformed and a simple explanation would suffice...

cc

She wanted my friend to put all her music for her wedding on a flash drive and that's it. Pay him a little something for doing it and that's it.

You miss my point. Either she book me or I wouldn't help her with anything.

Although I agree with you Mix she's more likely misinformed than cheap. You have music, she needs music. She has no concern and likely no knowledge about copyright laws.

Remember when you bought a bunch of cheap mics one time? Same basic story

Although I agree with you Mix she's more likely misinformed than cheap. You have music, she needs music. She has no concern and likely no knowledge about copyright laws.

Remember when you bought a bunch of cheap mics one time? Same basic story
If she was informed do you really think she would care? All she is looking for is a cheap way to have music at her wedding. The sad part is she will probably find someone to do it.

Why are you surprised... this is the crowd you network with. You're informed about quality equipment yet you buy $10 mics and perform with speakers that look like they've been thrown around on the street. If it really bothers you just ignore it. And yes we've all run across cheap clients, perhaps we all have different descriptions for what cheap is... but it's part of the business.

If she was informed do you really think she would care? All she is looking for is a cheap way to have music at her wedding. The sad part is she will probably find someone to do it.
Why doesn’t she just subscribe to Spotify or Apple play there are dozens of cheap options that will give her a legal way to play thousands of songs at her wedding

Why doesn’t she just subscribe to Spotify or Apple play there are dozens of cheap options that will give her a legal way to play thousands of songs at her wedding
Did you consider she doesn't know how those things work? Why not keep it simple and get a quality DJ to do the job and be done with it? Who's going to man the flash drive and make sure every song is played in correct order? It's her special day and all she can consider for her music on her wedding day is a flash drive.

I still don't see why you care so much... i've gotten these plenty of times... simply say sorry I just don't do that or have time for it. No need to be concerned why she does it or isn't looking at getting a quality dj. Just like many of us don't get why you use $10 mics and not a facade when u perform to cover up the mess of wires, or why you show up to events in baggy shorts and oversized t's when you're representing your brand in public... and then wonder why only cheap people call you.

Did you consider she doesn't know how those things work? Why not keep it simple and get a quality DJ to do the job and be done with it? Who's going to man the flash drive and make sure every song is played in correct order? It's her special day and all she can consider for her music on her wedding day is a flash drive.

If she can figure out how to hook up a laptop and a sound system and play music off a flash drive she can figure out Spotify fairly quick I suspect

Have her go on Amazon and download all the songs at .99-1.29 a piece; then go to her local rental house to get a sound system if she is that concerned with price. Even there...she's still looking at probably $200 for a second rate job and no dedicated emcee or good way to handle requests.

I have had brides ask me for copies of their playlists on burned Cds. I always decline this request as it is illegal. I have had some pushback (as some of my competitors allegedly have made the Cds), and normally retort with something along the lines of I am happy to provide them with a text export of what was played, however, if they would like to give me a gift card to a music downloading site and thirty dollars an hour for my time, I will gladly download dedicated copies of their songs for them. This usually squashes it pretty fast.

Again do you see a Bride doing this on Her wedding day? Someone else will do it but not the bride the day of. To me it's tacky even if I wasn't a DJ. I'm bringing you a nice gift and this is whay I get for entertainment?

Never mind renting a system. You can rent a cheap Bluetooth speaker that lights up or use one that someone has. They sound like pure S***! Oh well if that's all she thinks of her wedding day then that's on her.

Again if you can't afford to do it right, just go to the court house and get married. Later on when you can do it right, then have a wedding with the reception.