Strange request

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

redhotdj

Its 5 O'clock somewhere
Mar 21, 2008
Richfield Springs n.y.
I got this the other day (it came from the Knot)

Thanks for responding to my posting and apology for my late response.Let's get down to business, I would love you to take care of music aspect for my daughter wedding with about 50 - 100 guests. I know you would really want to make the day a memorable one for my family. The Reception Venue for the wedding is taking place at (120 East Main Street, Rochester, NY). Both the ceremony and reception will be taking at the same venue. The date is July 29th, 2017. The time is 12noon -3 pm.I am sure we can conclude on everything before my return home in three weeks.I work on the offshore in Canada. Let me know your total cost for this service. Your Cell and Text Number is also Important? Thanks as I await your response

Im not sure what she is talking about I didn't respond to anything on the Knot and Rochester is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours from me

Reactions: Ausumm
Clues that its a scam: "Let's get down to business", "we can conclude", "your cell and text number." I would love you to take care of music aspect". English speaking people in North America don't talk like this, especially when looking for a DJ.

Simply tell them your price is 6k to do this weeding and see how quickly they change their response trying to sucker you in.

It's a scam when they mention they will be out of the country. I say delete the email and keep it moving.

I already have a booking that day. What seems funny is it came from the wedding Knot and they did say 120 east main st. but did not say the venue name, ya cell or text number I don't think so.

I get quite a few of those.

One time, I looked up the address they sent... it was a home in foreclosure. Not an event space at all, and they certainly weren't having an event there. I just ignore them.

Most of the ones I get start out asking if I accept credit cards, so if I do reply, its Yes, I do, but not from scammers like you. Or sometimes I will say, sorry, only gold bars.

Reactions: ittigger
Simply tell them your price is 6k to do this weeding and see how quickly they change their response trying to sucker you in.

It's a scam when they mention they will be out of the country. I say delete the email and keep it moving.

I already have a booking that day. What seems funny is it came from the wedding Knot and they did say 120 east main st. but did not say the venue name, ya cell or text number I don't think so.

Tell him you're booked but that you're sending it to Mix - and he'll take care of it.

Just for kicks, you should reply in the same disjointed, broken English their post was written in.
"Yes I am interest. I would love for you sending payment for me...so we can conclude business."

What I said stands. Pay me 6k in cash and I'm there. That will end the whole thing right there.

There you go - tell him you'll book him.

Reactions: Ausumm