Special Pricing for GAF Tape

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
Last edited:
Yeah, I pay $14 for 55yds in any color, so that's pretty much the same price per yard for a brand I don't know.

Is it $7 per roll, or $7 per pair?

Reactions: djrox
Yeah, I pay $14 for 55yds in any color, so that's pretty much the same price per yard for a brand I don't know.

Is it $7 per roll, or $7 per pair?
$7 per 2 pack .. so $3.50 each

I bought Gaf Tape at Guitar Center for $19.99. My last roll of Gaf tape I purchased there last roughly 4 years. I suspect this next roll will last that long as well.

I bought Gaf Tape at Guitar Center for $19.99. My last roll of Gaf tape I purchased there last roughly 4 years. I suspect this next roll will last that long as well.
Just means you aren't taping those cables down.

You misread that offer...
View attachment 35412

Prolly used the tape to secure the battery cover on them high quality cordless mics!
No .. it WAS 2 rolls .. either deal is over or someone realized their mistake ... oh well .. Carry on ..

Yes, half price would have been worth buying a full case. Have you used this brand before?
No .. I've used mostly ShurTape, but bought half a case from NLFX last year, which will hold me for some time.

This is what I buy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079DDDZ3F/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=AA99S5HULGN6Z&psc=1
or this one when I need white: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3PJB8...&pd_rd_r=0e3d21e4-d34d-11e8-9375-534f4a4fe1de

Both have been good options for me... comes out to $7.50-$8 a roll. Is it as good as shurtape (which is my fave)... not quite, but on 90% of the surfaces I work with it hasn't been an issue.

Is that the one that has a more rubber like feel to it??
I prefer 55 or 60 yard rolls, which comes out to be the same price. I can sometimes use as much as 90 yards on a single event.

Is that the one that has a more rubber like feel to it??
I prefer 55 or 60 yard rolls, which comes out to be the same price. I can sometimes use as much as 90 yards on a single event.
No not really a rubber feel to it, feels veyr similar to shurtape, but once in a blue moon, this won't stick well to a surface that shurtape would've worked fine on. i used to get 60 yard rolls.. but now prefer 30yd rolls, as I tend to have multiple people taping at the same time, and also if one roll gets misplaced, I only lost 30yds instead of 60'.

Just means you aren't taping those cables down.

Not speaker cables (Unless it's a long run)...I'll tape a cable to a projector. I'll tape down the extension cord to the wall.

I have a karaoke gig tomorrow...I will probably tape down the HDMI cable and extension cord to the TV...

Got 4 years out of I think it is a 60 yard roll. I like guitar center's tape. Works well for me. I don't mind paying $20 for it since it's not an item I buy ever so often.

I think this most recent roll is the 3rd roll o GAF I have ever purchased. Back in my early days, it was Duck Tape! That is what I was taught with back in the 90s LOL. I don't think my Dad ever knew about GAF tape. When I first started using it, I was like "This is so much better!!!"

Not speaker cables (Unless it's a long run)...I'll tape a cable to a projector. I'll tape down the extension cord to the wall.

I have a karaoke gig tomorrow...I will probably tape down the HDMI cable and extension cord to the TV...

Got 4 years out of I think it is a 60 yard roll. I like guitar center's tape. Works well for me. I don't mind paying $20 for it since it's not an item I buy ever so often.

I think this most recent roll is the 3rd roll o GAF I have ever purchased. Back in my early days, it was Duck Tape! That is what I was taught with back in the 90s LOL. I don't think my Dad ever knew about GAF tape. When I first started using it, I was like "This is so much better!!!"
Wow... I probbably use around 20-30yds an event on avg... some bigger events I can do 60yrds. Nothing is loosely hanging on my setups... and anything that is in a walking path get's taped down completely, w/ nothing being exposed.

Reactions: steve149
Wow... I probbably use around 20-30yds an event on avg... some bigger events I can do 60yrds. Nothing is loosely hanging on my setups... and anything that is in a walking path get's taped down completely, w/ nothing being exposed.

I don't tape anything behind my table. The only one that should be back there is myself.

On rare occassion, if I have a stubborn cord that I seem to have an issue with, I tape it down.

You have a lot more involved in your set ups. TVs, Totems with Moving heads. 30+ yards per event? That is nuts though. I can see it when you have long runs to those totems though.

With your DJ console now exposed in front of your facade, you will be using more tape.

Another downside for using so much tape, is that adds to tear down/load out time. I am a 1 man show, and many of my venues, the catering staff is completely done cleaing up 40 to 45 minutes after a reception ends, and the venue manager is waiting on the DJ to load out. I'm quick, but if I have to pick up 15 or 20+ yards of tape off of cords that adds more minutes to me getting out of there.

Totems may require a assistant helping me tear down...especially if I am also doing up lighting.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat