Speakes shopping

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

oldschool

DJ Extraordinaire
Jun 25, 2018
Lately I have been combing CL for some used speakers and what I found is crazy.
They want like new prices on used speakers and when you call they say one or more have been re coned.
So they re coned them and they sound like crap so they want to sell them (at like new prices)
Or they post an ad then put the word "SOLD" in the ad.
If there sold, take the ad down, why keep the ad up? Are they bragging? Hey look I sold my re coned speakers!!
Aggravating.

Lately I have been combing CL for some used speakers and what I found is crazy.
They want like new prices on used speakers and when you call they say one or more have been re coned.
So they re coned them and they sound like crap so they want to sell them (at like new prices)
Or they post an ad then put the word "SOLD" in the ad.
If there sold, take the ad down, why keep the ad up? Are they bragging? Hey look I sold my re coned speakers!!
Aggravating.

It's a trend. Try looking at used cars....For some reason people think because they own it it has much more value than the reality. And the same people think what you have is worth nothing when they buy

Yeah, I've got some truck parts for sale - paid $450 for them new, turned out I don't need them and it's been 9 months...so CL/FBMP. Asking $250 - a good deal IMO.

Guy says "how about 175 and you ship them to me for that?"...Um, no. "Well, I can get them on ebay for $300 w/ shipping"...ok, so buy them there...??

Seems buyers are as nuts as sellers.

When I shop I want to pay about 1/2 compared to new..less is good.

Tried to buy 2 things over the weekend - both sellers responded "pending pickup' AFTER answering questions...why not say that and save us both time?

I sold off all my passive stuff a few months ago - too cheap, but hey, it's GONE. One buyer, one deal. Done.

I just recently sold my LED Chauvet Mushroom (That was in like new condition) and a ADJ Vertigo Hex together (Vertigo Hex had a dent in the front dome, and missing a single lense). Both lights were $99 each brand new. Originally listed for $59 plus shipping. Lots of views, but no bids after 5 weeks. Lowered to $49. No bids after 3 more weeks. Lowered to $45 for a week. No bids. Then lowered to $39 for 2 weeks. No bids. I lowered to $36 plus shipping. After a few days, I had a offer at $35+ shipping. I agreed, and got the lights sold.

The peson got those lights at a bargain imo. ...I guess there is no serious demand for mushroom style LED DJ lights any more. The price on my lights were way lower than a single Mushroom light on Ebay.

People want deals.... it can be used and in perfect condition, but it is still used. Just depends on how bad you want to sell it. I sold some gear a year or so ago for way way cheap, but it was either that or leave it in my shop until I end up throwing it away...

When I am done using something I generally just want it out of my way we switched from black appliances to stainless all were about 7 years old, first person to show up with a truck and $300 and not ask for my help loading them owned them