Sound Switch Workshops - Free

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
SoundSwitch is a music to DMX application that works with Serato. If I recall, @Albatross has been playing with it. Seems to be a bunch this weekend in the NYC area .. then on to the upper midwest .. then on to the left coast.

SoundSwitch | Connecting DJ Software and Lighting

SoundSwitch and Chauvet DJ are hosting a number of workshops across the states where you can come check out the latest and greatest. We are also doing a live webcast so everyone can check in. It is a chance to get up close with our team and get the full picture of what SoundSwitch can do for you. And, of course, there will be some free gear up for grabs. Workshop dates are (there is a few more listed on their website as well):

13 June, 3-6.30PM
Canal Light and Sound
319 Canal St
New York, NY 10013

14 June, 3-7PM
Music Trends
2947 Hempstead Turnpike
Levittown, NY 11756

15 June,3-7PM
IDJNOW
1015 Sunrise Hwy
West Babylon, NY 11704

19 June, 4-7pm
123DJ
2201 S Union Ave
Chicago, IL 60616

20 June 2-5PM
AVMAXX
5519 W Montrose Ave
Chicago, IL 60641

21 June, 1-5PM
EMI Audio
4719 42nd Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422

22 June, 2-6PM
Metro Sound and Lighting
1731 University Ave W
St Paul, MN 55104

26 June, 5-8PM
World of Stereo
1899 W San Carlost St
San Jose, CA 95128

27 June, 1-4PM
WEB BROADCAST
AGI PRO DJ
www.facebook.com/agiprodj

27 June, 6PM-Late
Platinum Records
104 SW 2nd Ave
Portland, OR 97204

28 June, 8PM-Late
Astro Audio Video
6615 San Fernando Road
Glandale, CA 91201

29 June, 3-7PM
PSSL, ProSound and Stage Lighting
10743 Walker St.
Cypress, CA 90630

30 June 1-4PM
Pitbull Audio
300 W 28th St. #101
National City, CA 91950

Reactions: ittigger
SoundSwitch is a music to DMX application that works with Serato. If I recall, @Albatross has been playing with it. Seems to be a bunch this weekend in the NYC area .. then on to the upper midwest .. then on to the left coast.

SoundSwitch | Connecting DJ Software and Lighting

SoundSwitch and Chauvet DJ are hosting a number of workshops across the states where you can come check out the latest and greatest. We are also doing a live webcast so everyone can check in. It is a chance to get up close with our team and get the full picture of what SoundSwitch can do for you. And, of course, there will be some free gear up for grabs. Workshop dates are (there is a few more listed on their website as well):

Indeed I have :)

I've had it out at a couple of gigs so far now, and I'm getting more used to how it operates.

Maybe one of you guys can explain "music to DMX" ???
Sounds like a sound active program.

Reactions: ittigger
Maybe one of you guys can explain "music to DMX" ???
Sounds like a sound active program.

What you're doing is programming your lighting cues into music files. So, anytime you run that song with SoundSwitch open, it will run the correct show. But, it is also linking the cues with the beat grid in Serato (currently). If you run the song sped up, slowed down, loop, hot cue, whatever... the lights all follow exactly what you're doing. But while you're performing, there is no need to do anything, you just DJ and the lights run.

If you don't feel like mapping out all of your tunes, or even a bunch of them... it will run autoprograms for unmapped songs. They will still lock to the beat grids in the music, so that one responds a bit more like a sound active program. But the overall software is far more robust than that.