Weddings Sound for the Ceremony - Is One Handheld Mic Enough?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Zero feedback here. Not even a hint... I use a Sanken Mic and a little EQing goes a long way! Also, I place the mic behind fabric (tie, shirt, jacket) which does wonders for cutting low rumble or severe wind. Learned that trick from being on set in the film industry.

I proudly sell that I have the cleanest ceremony audio compared to my competition and it's invisible-- you can't even see the lapel b.c it's hidden.

well said Ross. I also hide the omni mic under the shirt (behind the tie) or whatever so the mic is invisible. Also helps with wind noise if outside.
OK, so I was getting ready to leave my desk, so had already taken my glasses off and read that as you hide it under the skirt. I was thinking a table skirt, then got to the point about wind noise and thought is was hilarious....started thinking if under a skirt there might be MORE wind noise. Sorry, long day staring at code and going cross-eyed even before taking my glasses off.

Reactions: ittigger and TES3S
I use shotgun mics (sometimes), omni directional lapel on officiant (all the time) and one Anchor or QSC powered speaker with an Audio Technica battery powered system 10 camera receiver.

There are feedback issues in some environments (surprisingly the lapel is more to blame) so I have to be cognizant of my volume and EQ.