software advice

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I just pulled one of mine (from about 3 years ago) .. they are 5400rpm .. and I just checked the current price, about 1/2 what I paid 3 years ago too ... :(

How come nobody has talked about OTSAvDJ? Ots is a very stable DJ software. OTS Studio comes with the OTSAvDJ that would be especially useful for those who like to mix their music. Draw backs: (1) Controller compatibility, (2) proprietary software, (3) cost. Don't bypass this program without checking it out. One can download a trial version. I'm not sure how many of the "bells & whistles" are included in the trial.

I think the OTs users haven't been active here lately. They probably have too many gigs going right now!

Started with an early version of ClubDJPro (ClubDJPro.com - DJ Software for the Best Video Mixes) back in 2008.
Then moved to PCDJ in about 2010.
Moved to VDJ in 2013, never looked back. Running the latest version of 8 and am loving it. I also use the Pro versions of the TellyMedia and TellyVisuals plugins for the small amount of video I do.

Started with an early version of ClubDJPro (ClubDJPro.com - DJ Software for the Best Video Mixes) back in 2008.
Then moved to PCDJ in about 2010.
Moved to VDJ in 2013, never looked back. Running the latest version of 8 and am loving it. I also use the Pro versions of the TellyMedia and TellyVisuals plugins for the small amount of video I do.

Did you do video with Club? If so how did you like it?

Did you do video with Club? If so how did you like it?
I used it strictly for karaoke at the time. But it had the occasional hiccup and when that started you are better off playing from another source long enough to shut it down and restart the software. It does not look like you can even get it anymore.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
We've used video with Club - it was decent. We had PCDJ on backup and rarely had issues. Of the issues we had, they were hardware.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
cross dj any good? does it allow for use with the four outs on a focusrite 2i4? so you can cue separate channels?
Excellent software - my second favorite to Serato DJ. Yes, you will be able to "play" and "que" songs at the same time using Cross DJ and the 2i4.

Serato's real strength is it's library management. I run two laptops, one for backup, and can xport a crate from laptop #1 to a memory chip, import that to laptop #2, keeping them identical (including que points, loops, etc.) without having to move the idiot xml file. This is huge. Serato's weakness is it doesn't have a prelisten/preview feature - you have to first load the song into a deck or sample player. Also, it is a closed system and only works with certain hardware - the 2i4 is not one of them.

Like all the rest, Cross Dj stores a lot in it's xml file, making "backing up" harder. IMHO, everything else about it is excellent except it's Autoplay, which immediately fades to the next song when engaged. Also, the developers have seemed to abandoned it in favor of phone/tablet apps.

Mixx, which is totally free, is also excellent if you don't need video, and would also work great with your 2i4. Frankly, if you haven't purchased anything yet, that's what I'd use because Serato will soon release a 64 bit version, which is probably going to cause a ripple effect with Rekordbox, Traktor, and Djay Pro - so you might want to wait before committing to anything.

Last edited: