Simple DMX Remote for Hazer

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Oct 30, 2018
Hey guys,

Just picked up the Chauvet 1DX hazer which is pretty good for my needs but at parties that I'll be using it at I'd really like to have a wireless or wired remote control. It has 3-pin DMX in it but I'm not always by my DMX controller or computer so a remote would be really handy. Came across https://www.chauvetdj.com/products/d-fi-hub/ and similar options but this seems overkill. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself on our Introductions page.

As for hazers and fog machines, be very careful using them - in lots of places, the smoke detectors / alarms will trip if using them. If that happens, you must clear the building and wait for the FD to show up and say everything is ok - and they'll be coming with lights and sirens on. In addition, there may be a fee associated with the FD response (and perhaps for other events if in a multiroom facility) - and guess who will be footing that bill.

After looking at that machine I do not see a place to plug in a remote. They do make DMX wireless units that you can get but you would still need to be by what ever DMX control you have set up.

Most haze machines don't use much juice, so I would just set it on a very low setting and let it run. You really only want just enough haze for your light beams to show up.

Thank you both for the quick replies.

I've gone ahead and posted a message in the intros area.

I selected the hazer machine over a fogger for just that reason. Less chance of setting off a smoke alarm. Hasn't happened yet in my testing and I usually keep it on low.

So no option to control with DMX from a handheld remote, Android, iOS, etc? Seems really strange.

Thank you both for the quick replies.

I've gone ahead and posted a message in the intros area.

I selected the hazer machine over a fogger for just that reason. Less chance of setting off a smoke alarm. Hasn't happened yet in my testing and I usually keep it on low.

So no option to control with DMX from a handheld remote, Android, iOS, etc? Seems really strange.

It doesn't matter if it's happened yet or not. Foggers and hazers both trip smoke alarms. You need to make sure your customer is aware of the possible impact and the possible repercussions. Do you want to be the 'the one' responsible for tripping it - and ruining your own event as well as the wedding reception in the next hall?