Show your setups

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

TES3S

DJ Extraordinaire
Sep 18, 2016
I did this in the other DJ forum a long time ago, but we all benefit from sharing our setups. I, myself, have learned tips and tricks from seeing other setups.

I am quite happy with my Ceremony, Dinner (separate sound setup), and main DJ setup. And to satisfy my low-end craving, a pair of F1 subs always sit under my DJ table.

For the separate sound setups (NOT CEREMONY), I use the XAIR 12, a computer for music playback, both controlled via iPad, + two wireless mics. I send a wireless audio signal from the XAIR using a QLXD transmitter to one or two Bose Compacts. That makes the entire system fully wireless. I will normally open the little soft case that the XAIR sits in so it can breathe easier. Luckily, I have never had it overheat. I normally place the setup out of the way, where no one can see it. I find a place to hide it. Once it is set, I am not really going over to mess with it since it is controlled via iPad.

I posted pics of the Dinner tables b/c that is what it looks like (almost invisible sound setup) with the XAIR to QLXD to BOSE.
I have an Arriba mic case that permanently stays on the base of the compact via straps, so I can place any of my 4 compacts anywhere, anytime, controlled wirelessly.

One of the best things I have done (and you cannot tell in the DJ setup pics) is purchased a battery cradle charger for my wireless mics. Yes, it was expensive when you factor in. all the rechargeable batteries, but it is so worth it! I never have to replace batteries, open the battery door, etc + I get a full readout on the transmitter and receiver to show status.

Even though you can see the mics laying down on the table, they are almost always in the cradle (hidden on the other side by flowers). Makes for a super clean presentation + I always have a full charge.

Attachments

• Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-1.jpg
    Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-1.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-2.jpg
    Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-2.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-5.jpg
    Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-5.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-6.jpg
    Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-6.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-7.jpg
    Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-7.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-8.jpg
    Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-8.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 34
  • Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-3.jpg
    Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-3.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-4.jpg
    Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-4.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
*****Pretty Please do not turn this into a Bose thread*****

Previously, have you guys been running your pairs of L1's in mono? I did not realize the original ToneMatch was mono until I saw the new T4S and T8S.

Handinon-

You can't say "Please do not turn this into a Bose thread," and then ask a question. haah, I am just kidding with you.

I run my L1s in Mono, and almost every DJ setup prior to that in Mono. I will admit, L1s in stereo sound better b/c of their wide dispersion, but I got so used to not wanting to run mono with speakers that had tighter horizontal coverage-- so now I never think about it.

Generally, when people are dancing, you have people all over the place, and even sometimes way off to the other side, so IMO, running in Mono is generally a good idea anyhow.

I have considered getting the new Tonematch T4s though, just to have the option.

Mono is fine for most events depending on the room layout .. I'm probably 50/50.

*****Pretty Please do not turn this into a Bose thread*****

Previously, have you guys been running your pairs of L1's in mono? I did not realize the original ToneMatch was mono until I saw the new T4S and T8S.

I run in mono. Don’t always use 2.

There is some work around with the t1 for stereo, but I never tried it.

Reactions: ittigger
I run in mono. Don’t always use 2.

There is some work around with the t1 for stereo, but I never tried it.
Yea, the Aux out can be configured for left channel (if I recall). The new mixers are rather nice and I might look at the T4 as a small mixer.

Mono is fine for most events depending on the room layout .. I'm probably 50/50.

Don't know if it's 50/50, but it's gotta be something close to that for me too. With my old setup, I liked the stereo setup best, but only if the speakers were 10 feet away or less on each side of my booth. Any further apart, the sound on either side was lacking, so mono worked best. I haven't tried my EVOX 8's in stereo at a gig yet. They sound great in my office in that mode though.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if it's 50/50, but it's gotta be something close to that for me too. With my old setup, I liked the stereo setup best, but only if the speakers were 10 feet away or less on each side of my booth. Any further apart, the sound on either side was lacking, so mono worked best. I haven't tried my EVOX 8's in stereo at a gig yet. They sound great in my office in that mode though.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the EVOX in stereo. A lot depends on where (and what type) the audience is. If they are mostly sitting and generally between my speakers, I'll run stereo. If there are folks on the outsides of my speaker coverage area, I'll run mono. If I have to use a delay speaker, I'll run mono.

Yea, the Aux out can be configured for left channel (if I recall). The new mixers are rather nice and I might look at the T4 as a small mixer.
That sounds right. Cap will know for sure

Typical wedding setup

View attachment 34013

Typical Sweet 16 Setup:

View attachment 34014

For behind the booth I'll have to locate a pic somehow as I usually don't take those pics as its nothing special, just an sz, a video mixer, and between 3-5 laptops.

Do you move to the wider front board set up when you have the TVs running?

Do you move to the wider front board set up when you have the TVs running?
Yeah theres additional equipment behind the booth for the tv mixer/monitor/laptops/amplifer/splitter, so we add the extra panel. Can we do it with just 4... yeah... but with bigger setups, we like the impression of everything being bigger and grander. Also with staging now, it looks cleaner with going wider.