Show your setups

Welcome to ODJT
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today!

Oct 16, 2011
As many of you know, I've been working on mine. Who needs Bose when you have Peavey?
View attachment 34008
Where in the hell did you find that picture? Not mad at all. I just haven't seen that picture in years. Can you please send me a PM so I can give you my email address so you can send me that picture. I used to work in that school and I did a party for the kids there I think.

Just don't put down those Peavey speakers. That was my first pair of speakers when I got back in business and they were great. I eventually got rid of them because I wanted speakers with more bass. I should have kept those speakers. I bought those speakers used from GC. Along with the QSC 2450 amp that I still have today. I used that cheap speaker in the front for bass. I don't remember buying that speaker. I just used it.

sonic-vision

DJ Extraordinaire
Feb 6, 2007
central Ohio
Where in the hell did you find that picture? Not mad at all. I just haven't seen that picture in years. Can you please send me a PM so I can give you my email address so you can send me that picture. I used to work in that school and I did a party for the kids there I think.

Just don't put down those Peavey speakers. That was my first pair of speakers when I got back in business and they were great. I eventually got rid of them because I wanted speakers with more bass. I should have kept those speakers. I bought those speakers used from GC. Along with the QSC 2450 amp that I still have today. I used that cheap speaker in the front for bass. I don't remember buying that speaker. I just used it.
Once you become famous, There is no hiding MIX.

djtaso

DJ Extraordinaire
Apr 4, 2017
NJ
www.djtaso.com

Mix, not trying to be funny... but is that your setup?

If so, the answer to where he found that picture is quite easy. It is ALL OVER THE INTERNET, mostly under dj sites that talk about cheap dj's vs good dj's and what to expect from a craigslist dj. And no not forums... actual dj's warning clients to stay away from dj's with setups like that.
1523898416319.png

steve149

Urbane Legend
Sep 26, 2011
Prospect, CT

If so, the answer to where he found that picture is quite easy. It is ALL OVER THE INTERNET, mostly under dj sites that talk about cheap dj's vs good dj's and what to expect from a craigslist dj. And no not forums... actual dj's warning clients to stay away from dj's with setups like that.
View attachment 34100
Well .. there went his 15 minutes of fame ...

Ausumm

Day Late and a Dollar Short
Oct 21, 2008
Bethlehem PA
www.mikefoxx.com
Mike, how tall are you? That looks uncomfortable having to have your hands so high in such a tight space.
Yeah, that rack is a tad taller than my last one, but I had to upgrade to something with more rack space.
I am 5' 7".....ish.
My elbows rest on the bottom of the slanted section of the rack...
and my media player is at the top, so I don't have to bend over to see it.
Honestly, I barely "reach up" at all to use the player.

Ausumm

Day Late and a Dollar Short
Oct 21, 2008
Bethlehem PA
www.mikefoxx.com
Ausumm, what did you use to cover the poles? I like it. It looks clean. Thanks.
I bought ring lights on Amazon to "uplight" my sub poles...
but thought it looked like crap with the wires hanging.
I have a good friend who owns a tuxedo shop, and has been supplying my tuxes for 30 years.
Since he is good with needle and thread, he made two "tubes" with elastic on each end.
I love them , too...as long as I remember to put the tubes one BEFORE I stick the speaker on top!

Jan 21, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
www.twinspindj.com
Here a couple "old" and "new" setup pics:

Attachments

DJKLEEN

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 31, 2016
Lafayette la

View attachment 34100
That is 😆

May 17, 2015
I bought ring lights on Amazon to "uplight" my sub poles...
but thought it looked like crap with the wires hanging.
I have a good friend who owns a tuxedo shop, and has been supplying my tuxes for 30 years.
Since he is good with needle and thread, he made two "tubes" with elastic on each end.
I love them , too...as long as I remember to put the tubes one BEFORE I stick the speaker on top!
Thank you.

Albatross

DJ Extraordinaire
Sep 7, 2016
Sorry for the delay on this. My wedding on the 14th ended up being a bit of a hassle and I didn't get a chance to take as many photos as I wanted. This is from last night's gig:

IMG_6214.jpg
IMG_6223.jpg
IMG_6215.jpg IMG_6221.jpg IMG_6218.jpg

This venue is a long thin ballroom. My main Evox 12s were right on the dance floor flanking the sweetheart's table. I put a Bose Compact run wireless in both wings. 2 more Bose on the patio for cocktails. One was plugged right into power, the other was on a battery with a wireless signal for the first one so I didn't have to string cables all over the patio.

The planner and couple loved the front board. And it was a really fun night of dancing!

Last edited: