Setup spots - how picky are you?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
It's equally hard for me to believe that a batter could direct 6 baseballs that accurately while swinging at them.

Maybe (likely) he wasn't hitting them. I wasn't watching the guy, I was trying to clean red dust off my gear. All I knew, it's only us and them in the park and balls started hitting very close to us in a very short period of time. You wanna mess with me, I'm going to mess back.

It's hard for me to believe that 6 can land within 10 feet of each other.
Depending on how many he hit, I could see it. Were there tons in other places as well? In the case that this person was being childish as well, I would have been the bigger person. No sense dropping to that level because in the end, he'll only tell one side of the story to people. If he happens to share that you (as a vendor) threw his property in the trash, that certainly won't help you.

Depending on how many he hit, I could see it. Were there tons in other places as well? In the case that this person was being childish as well, I would have been the bigger person. No sense dropping to that level because in the end, he'll only tell one side of the story to people. If he happens to share that you (as a vendor) threw his property in the trash, that certainly won't help you.

Nope. I saw them go into the outfield and retrieve a handful of balls (hit into their own park). None of the ones that came my direction went anywhere except right around us. As for "being the bigger person" you do it your way, I'll do it mine. As for them telling somebody, I couldn't care less.

Nope. I saw them go into the outfield and retrieve a handful of balls (hit into their own park). None of the ones that came my direction went anywhere except right around us. As for "being the bigger person" you do it your way, I'll do it mine. As for them telling somebody, I couldn't care less.
As angry as you come across after a bad review, I don't believe you couldn't care less if it affects your bookings.

I've been to many games (amateur, experienced, semi pro and pro) and it's fairly difficult to hit balls consistently in the same close proximity, especially if that area is a distant location off their field.

Maybe (likely) he wasn't hitting them. I wasn't watching the guy, I was trying to clean red dust off my gear. All I knew, it's only us and them in the park and balls started hitting very close to us in a very short period of time. You wanna mess with me, I'm going to mess back.

Your first reaction to so many encounters seems to assume negative intent. On the part of prospects, clients... and now baseball players.

I'm not sure what is generating that paranoia for you, but I bet your days would feel much happier if you got back to a neutral disposition in most of your interactions.

Maybe you were in their practice field and they were "gently" trying to remind you to move along ...

I've been to many games (amateur, experienced, semi pro and pro) and it's fairly difficult to hit balls consistently in the same close proximity, especially if that area is a distant location off their field.

Why else do you think I was pissed off? They were on the next diamond, about 75 feet away, and I'm suppose to believe that they just happen to hit 6 foul balls, all within a few feet of me? They were being dicks and I threw their balls away. Easy as that.

So you think some high school, baseball player is going to look up my website and leave negative reviews?
They might if they happen across this thread since it's NOT on the private side .. :)

Reactions: ittigger
Why else do you think I was pissed off? They were on the next diamond, about 75 feet away, and I'm suppose to believe that they just happen to hit 6 foul balls, all within a few feet of me? They were being dicks and I threw their balls away. Easy as that.
Rick, I (and others) can completely understand why you were PO'd, especially if it was intentional - which it originally sounded like it was not. That said, going as low as they do does not make the situation any better, especially if these were kids.

Reactions: Albatross
No idea. I just know how you feel when people say bad things about you. All I'm saying is less negative things = less bad things for people to say.

High school age = future prospect.

Bottom line, I don't put up with people messing with me (and my son) like that.

Reactions: ittigger
It is a bit like a scene out of Benny Hill to think of someone "dusting" their equipment in the middle of a ball field and being annoyed that baseballs seem to keep landing around them.

Be thankful the gig wasn't at an airport. :)

Truly accidental incidents, yes. On purpose assholery, no.

Truly accidental incidents, yes. On purpose assholery, no.
Sorry Rick but You have ZERO evidence to support you allegations and the circumstances you present more likely support the following scenario: You were understandably PO'd about your unwanted, albeit self inflicted clean up activities and decided to extract some undeserved revenge by being a bigger asshole than your assumed but completely innocent adversaries.

In summary, you chose to be a dick and you are free to do so, but consequences include being correctly and fairly acknowledged as such.

Know your role!

Anyway, you are probably more experienced at assholness, being a government employee...LOL!

It's equally hard for me to believe that a batter could direct 6 baseballs that accurately while swinging at them.

Does it matter?
It is a baseball field.

Anyway - if it's batting practice then yes - you can foul to the same place repeatedly because every pitch is a strike and you are practicing a specific swing/approach to the ball. A batter's swing is pretty consistent. When you miss you're going to be off by the same error until you figure out how to correct it.