Sennheiser HD558 Over Ear Headphones - On Special for $60 at BB

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
So in the package I got from Best Buy, which contained my new Sennheiser HD558 headphones, was a little piece of paper with this message...
View attachment 33129

Not sure why??? No battery in the package. No battery in the headphone box. No battery in the headphones. I searched and searched!:laugh:

Whatever you do - just be careful with the battery. ;)

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Maybe the missing battery was the reason for the sale ... the paper said it had it, but BB couldn't find it either ...

I keep my headphones in the drawer of my rack, so that's where I put my HD558's. I put my Audio Technica headphones in my gig bag. Is it CRAZY to carry two sets of headphones? Anybody else carrying backup headphones?[emoji1]

I'm thinkin' it's not as crazy as taking a picture of your foot!!![emoji23]
We carry 2 sets. We put each mic into the mixer separate and will at times stream a song from Apple music or Amazon music on another channel. I like being able to monitor the phone channel or pick up individual mix channels to ensure no issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ Bobcat
OK... here's a difference I didn't notice right away...
I'm plugging my headphones into my controller, and without touching the volume knob, and playing the exact same song at the exact same volume level, the Sennheiser headphones are not as loud as my Audio Technica's. It's not a big difference, but it's noticeable. I have plenty of headroom remaining, so I can turn the volume knob up higher, I just was surprised at the difference.

Steve-O was kind enough to post the specs of the HD558's, but I can't compare them (the specs) to my AT's because I don't know the model number, nor do I have the original box or literature. However, next time we're debating about budget gear versus high-priced gear, this is a good example of how a lower priced item can compare to a much more expensive one. The Audio Technica's are pretty close to the Sennheiser's, but not quite as good. But the retail price difference was pretty significant.

Last edited: