Sale - DELL Laptop i7 Quad/Full HD/8Gb/1Tb+128Gb SSD/4Gb Video - $650

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
A great price on a decent laptop. DELL Inspiron 5000 15

$699.99 - $50 Off Coupon Code 50OFF499 = $649.99 .. Free Shipping

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

• Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz Quad Core (3.8GHz Turbo) CPU
  • 15.6" 1920x1080 Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
  • 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
  • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 w/ 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • Dual Band WiFi 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.2
  • Ports
    • 3x USB 3.0
    • 1x HDMI
    • 1x Gigabit Ethernet
  • 6-Cell 74Whr Battery
  • Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)
1418_laptops_inspiron_15_5577_pdp_intel_module_01.jpg

Great deal... I really wish they'd get away from that red color scheme though. If they offered a blue-backlit option I'd be all over it.

After returning the Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop that I previously purchased, I decided on two of these earlier this week: Inspiron 15 7000 Touch . Specs are similar to that 15 5000 Gaming, but the aluminum casing and white-backlit keyboard are what sealed it for me.

Reactions: steve149
Great deal... I really wish they'd get away from that red color scheme though. If they offered a blue-backlit option I'd be all over it.

After returning the Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop that I previously purchased, I decided on two of these earlier this week: Inspiron 15 7000 Touch . Specs are similar to that 15 5000 Gaming, but the aluminum casing and white-backlit keyboard are what sealed it for me.
Only thing light on the one you referenced, is the processor .. while the one on top is last gen, it's a faster quad core processor and a faster video card .. the one you purchased has the eco, current-gen one. If you're just doing audio, it's perfect .. if someone is doing video, I'd point them to the one on top. I do like the looks of the one you bought much better though ...

I would have bought/made one like that, but its not win10 pro lol

wouldn't touch win10 home if you bought it for me..................

Probably 20% more than the top i7. Only laptop uses I can think of that really need that level of power are mobile gaming and maybe multitrack audio recording.

Probably 20% more than the top i7. Only laptop uses I can think of that really need that level of power are mobile gaming and maybe multitrack audio recording.

I'm more interested in what it might do for my wife's Photoshop editing. We need more horsepower than the i5 she's currently on.

I'm more interested in what it might do for my wife's Photoshop editing. We need more horsepower than the i5 she's currently on.
Always going to get the most power on a desktop .. I think there are a couple i9s already available .. not cheap ... New, Intel Core i9, Desktop Computers, Desktop Computers, Computer Systems - Newegg.com

But I think an i7-8700 is probably close .. especially with a good graphics card. Might want to aim for a NVIDIA card ...

Adobe Photoshop CC takes advantage of the innovative Mercury Graphics Engine for NVIDIA GPUs to create a smooth and intuitive design experience. New GPU-accelerated features include an expanded Blur Gallery, adding even more options for stylish image blurring; Focus Mask for automatically selecting the in-focus area of a photo; and upsampling, which enables high-quality up-scaling of images like those extracted from video frames. Other key GPU features include Smart Sharpen, Liquify, and more than 30 others.

NEWEST GPU-ACCELERATION IN PHOTOSHOP CC

Blur Gallery Motion Effects
Use NVIDIA GPUs to smoothly and quickly bring a sense of motion, drama, and excitement to your images. GPU support in the blur gallery has been expanded to a new set of amazing effect options, such as Path Blur that lets you add blur along any straight or curved path to create an illusion of motion. Also, the new Spin Blur lets you create a spinning look to objects like a tire or ferris wheel, simply by applying a circular and elliptical blurs.

Focus Mask
Photoshop CC can create an initial mask automatically by selecting the in-focus areas of your image. An NVIDIA GPU speeds up the process for a natural, interactive experience. Focus Mask also works well with headshots and other images that have shallow depth of field.

Fast, High-Quality Upsampling
NVIDIA GPUs now enables faster upsampling, which has been improved to preserve image details even more effectively in the process. This is helpful in applications like extracting a video frame to create a clean, high-quality photo.

Reactions: ittigger