Rockit Pro DJ sound drop issues, any current users of this?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Well .. softjock.com appears to be gone .. his brother kept it going for a bit, but it looks like no more. Not sure I still have the original download .. need to check my old machine. You may be right on the 32 bit.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I'm almost positive that Rockit is 32bit.
Based on the timeframe it was developed, I suspected it was not 64bit. This could also be a source of problems when running on a 64 bit O/S, which you would not likely experience on Windows XP or 32 bit Windows 7.

Try Virtual DJ 8 and lose the Rockit. Understand your trepidation to jump to something new but I would be more nervous sticking to something so old and clunky that clearly is displaying major issues. I did a major jump from VDJ7 to VDJ8 with 4 days of prep time between gigs (I wasn't so foolish that I didn't have the old standby on a backup laptop plugged in and ready to go though for the first few events I did). When I did that first gig four days after the upgrade (we are talking a complete new software package from the original vs a minor upgrade), it went without a hitch and I didn't even consider reverting back once during the evening. It is that good and easy to use. The bonus is you can downlaod the free version which is very powerful and has all the features you will need to play audio with no time limit. You do need the pro version for business use in public but the free version is all you need to get to the point where you are completely comfortable with it before you ever pay a dime - it is also very reasonably priced I think. There are scads of great Youtube training vids on how to use it - too bad you don't live on the west coast in the Great White North (Only here it is the Great Green North) as I would gladly take the time to teach you - could try to do it via Skyoe and Teamviewer if you wish...
Google Teamviewer

Last edited:
Based on the timeframe it was developed, I suspected it was not 64bit. This could also be a source of problems when running on a 64 bit O/S, which you would not likely experience on Windows XP or 32 bit Windows 7.

I believe it was....If I recall Ricky was working on a 64 bit version but it never got released

Well .. softjock.com appears to be gone .. his brother kept it going for a bit, but it looks like no more. Not sure I still have the original download .. need to check my old machine. You may be right on the 32 bit.

The Rockit Skins page is still up

Quote Kenny Rogers "You gotta know when to hold'em, and when to fold'em". It makes no sense to put time and energy into fixing this technological problem (due to obsolescence and/or no support) when there is another one waiting for you just around the corner - it's time to move on.

I stand corrected there was a 64 bit version

Rockit DJ Software | Download
I believe that it works for both because as mentioned, it uses Windows' native characteristics. It's actually a simple code with an interface. Rick would only revise it when there were changes made to the OS or for how the OS interacted with certain hardware like controllers or sound cards.

Generally, it should work well in most cases, especially when implementing the "run as" option in Windows. Every piece of DJ software is subject to bad behavior resulting from the environment it's placed in. I have a strong feeling that the OP's sound issues are likely not from Rockit.

@joncor18 Have you tried disabling the enhancements on your sound device?

3_EN_Enhancements_Speakers_Properties.jpg

or...

Screenshot_2.jpg

Last edited:
That is a very nice piece of info about audiodg.exe, Thank You!
I can turn it off in Task Manager, not so easy to totally disable it at boot, at least in Windows 10.

Reactions: Hank Davidson
*Navydiver, thank you for the advice on the software, and the offer of assistance, much appreciated.

*Hank, done all those tweaks, but thank for posting, as it (disable enhancements) may help many others. My audiodg.exe will not calm down, and there is no real way to deactivate it (permanently).

Once again, after flirting with success, I am back to square one. Gentleman, please keep in mind that I would love to move on to better pastures, however this much less taxing Rockit software should run on tiny "atom" processor.

Here is what I think is going on (at this time) that has been using cpu, "trustedinstaller.exe" and after reading the full article this, the installer will continue to search for windows updates REGARDLESS if you have updates disabled and lan and wifi shut off. One must clear all errors in maintenance history or it may go into a loop of sorts. Basically I will have to wait this process out (reestablish a windows update connection) and let it settle in, or simply re install windows 7 64 bit pro.

Article......
"Trustedinstaller.exe is an important process and its periodical high CPU usage is normal, not an aberration or a flaw. Part of the “Windows Module Installer”, trustedinstaller.exe main purpose is to check for new Windows updates. While trustedinstaller.exe high CPU usage cannot be totally resolved until you remove this process, a step which is not recommended owing to the important role it plays in keeping your computer up-to-date, you can manage the issue more effectively through either of these two methods "

Once I settle this issue I will then migrate to another software program and work it in (that's what "cocktail" hour is for anyways).

I always make the joke that cd's worked perfectly fine too but we all moved on from that format.

At some point, now or later, you may want to make a switch. If you do it now and have "it" as a backup, then I see it as a win/win situation.

A few to suggest would be Virtual DJ or if you go with Mac, then DJPro. That is what I am using, with great success.

Best of luck!

Traktor is an option too ... I played around with Rockit (bought it to help Rick out), had PCDJ years ago, and own both Serato and VDJ (lite). Serato is OK .. a bit focused on club style work for me, but Traktor and VDJ are both very good for all around playing. I like Traktor as I also have a version for my iPads, so instantaneous backup.

My only issue with Traktor is that during the "segue" mode, you must have your faders all the way up. I never run my faders all the way up. For someone used to autoplay mode in RockIt, that may be a difficult adjustment.

But yep, Traktor is amazing besides my little gripe.

IMHO, the best "two virtual turntables" software (like Rockit) with an excellent autoplay is DigiJay, and it's totally free -

DigiJay - The Freeware DJ Tool - Home

Unfortunately, it was developed using German/Austrian language, but the GUI is straight forward and easy to figure out. If you've ever driven a high performance car with an automatic transmission, that's exactly how Autoplay in DigiJay works. Grab the mouse or hit the keyboard, you have full control, let go and it seamlessly goes right back into Autoplay.

Reactions: ittigger
I don't mind trying the free stuff, but somehow I feel a little more like a DJ (even with 800+ weddings) if I bought something. Mixxx has some nice features (I downloaded it solely to mimic current laptop issues).
Being the first DJ in the area to bring digital music, and dmx lighting, I still feel comfortable using a simple program (Rockit) which I can alter the skins to my liking. I will of course looking into the other software.
Update....Fresh install of Win 10 (not the update this time) for the laptop, along with bios updates, etc. This may take a few hours.
As Hank referred to earlier, make sure that the "enhancement" is off on your playback (and record). I may have had this as an original issue (that I was not aware of) and compounded it by laying on "fixes".

Last edited:
I don't mind trying the free stuff, but somehow I feel a little more like a DJ (even with 800+ weddings) if I bought something. Mixxx has some nice features (I downloaded it solely to mimic current laptop issues).
Being the first DJ in the area to bring digital music, and dmx lighting, I still feel comfortable using a simple program (Rockit) which I can alter the skins to my liking. I will of course looking into the other software.
Update....Fresh install of Win 10 (not the update this time) for the laptop, along with bios updates, etc. This may take a few hours.
As Hank referred to earlier, make sure that the "enhancement" is off on your playback (and record). I may have had this as an original issue (that I was not aware of) and compounded it by laying on "fixes".
No issues .. I got over that a while ago and not immune to using even iTunes at an event if it makes sense (like I'm doing multiple other tasks, since it has great automix capability and great remote control). I have controllers whose wheels are turned infrequently and are "primarily" there for looks (and the occasional cueing). I have bought most of the major packages (still working on VDJ .. I have an older Numark Cue and VDJ Express, but still want the full version when I get a decent price for it) so I use what makes sense to me.

I need a crossfader (and will use the software one if I need to) and a start/stop/pause and cue controls .. that's it.

I got over that a while ago and not immune to using even iTunes at an event if it makes sense (like I'm doing multiple other tasks, since it has great automix capability and great remote control).

Agree 100%, except since I'm not an iTunes person, I use Foobar2000 exactly the same way for gigs that need pauses between songs, Serato DJ when I want to mix. In fact, I believe if you're not mixing, iTunes, Foobar, Winamp, etc., is actually better.

Agree 100%, except since I'm not an iTunes person, I use Foobar2000 exactly the same way for gigs that need pauses between songs, Serato DJ when I want to mix. In fact, I believe if you're not mixing, iTunes, Foobar, Winamp, etc., is actually better.
I use iTunes as I have iPads (and an iPhone) that are used for hot backup .. and I like the way iTunes works in creating playlists .. which I read into Traktor and VDJ (also supported by PCDJ and Serato) .. but NOT unfortunately into Rockit! as Ricky hated everything Apple.

Reactions: ittigger