Rhut-rhow. DJ Chit Chat 404 (again).

Welcome to ODJT
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today!

steve149

Urbane Legend
Sep 26, 2011
Prospect, CT
I noticed that this morn ... only so much that Sawdust can do and Sid has been absent for a while. Maybe Dan can monitor and buy the domain name if it comes up ...

steve149

Urbane Legend
Sep 26, 2011
Prospect, CT
I'm only a moderator, not an administrator. I can't do shit. Sid had the site locked down these last few years to prevent this. It has happened to him before.
You were the only one with "any" power actually showing up ...

Jeff Romard

Staff member
Sep 4, 2006
Sydney, Nova Scotia
True dat. It will be interesting to see if Sid cares enough to fix it. He stopped using the site to generate revenue a while ago.
Well you are always welcome here @sawdust123 nice to see you around

Jeff Romard

Staff member
Sep 4, 2006
Sydney, Nova Scotia
and I joined about 2 years ago and still can't post. So, does it really matter?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
There are a lot on that same boat

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
I am not even bothering heading over to that site. I checked in on Monday night, and it was dead over there. That forum started going down hill in late 2014, and the last 24 months have been pretty bad there. I figured it would close up by end of 2019. Appears I will be right

Ausumm

Day Late and a Dollar Short
Oct 21, 2008
Bethlehem PA
www.mikefoxx.com
That "hacked" message is still there.

Usually a site is hacked to get valuable user information they can use to make money.
A DJ forum has none of that valuable info...
and the forum users are not the richest people in the world.
Just wonder why they would hack that site.....multiple times!

scgstuff

DJ Extraordinaire
Jun 30, 2017
Central Texas
garrisentertainment.com
Usually a site is hacked to get valuable user information they can use to make money.
A DJ forum has none of that valuable info...
and the forum users are not the richest people in the world.
Just wonder why they would hack that site.....multiple times!
Or it is hacked because a script kiddie found a documented vulnerability online that wasn't patched properly and they followed the instructions on how to do it just to say "Hey, look guys, I'm a hacker now!!!" Many times it is a "just because I can" type of event and they want to leave their calling card....

Jeff Romard

Staff member
Sep 4, 2006
Sydney, Nova Scotia
I find it very ironic that 12 years ago a mod from over there came and joined here just to call us "The island of broken toys". Right now it looks like the mainland sunk and the island is ok ;)

Don't get me wrong I don't wish Sid or any of the members any bad luck but it's a shame what it has become from what it was. I wish he would give it to someone like Dan who would run it properly

steve149

Urbane Legend
Sep 26, 2011
Prospect, CT
Why would DAN need (or even WANT) two DJ Forums?... Maybe a merger would be good.... Our DJ Chat Talk?
Use the one with better SEO and redirect the other ...

... using OUR software of course, since it, well, isn't as prone to being hacked.

Ausumm

Day Late and a Dollar Short
Oct 21, 2008
Bethlehem PA
www.mikefoxx.com
I find it very ironic that 12 years ago a mod from over there came and joined here just to call us "The island of broken toys". Right now it looks like the mainland sunk and the island is ok ;)
If that's true....I wanna be the Jack-in-the-Box.
Misfit Toys.jpg
In my honest and stupid opinion, their real failure was/is letting people spout off without punishment.
Too many people over there who found great pleasure in acting like they were an all-knowing GOD!
A little good natured ribbing and robust discussion is what makes a forum interesting...
but no one ever seemed to call anybody out for being a jerk (I was gonna say "d*ck")
And the good people with something positive to offer just stopped posting.

Jeff Romard

Staff member
Sep 4, 2006
Sydney, Nova Scotia
If that's true....I wanna be the Jack-in-the-Box.
View attachment 33973
In my honest and stupid opinion, their real failure was/is letting people spout off without punishment.
Too many people over there who found great pleasure in acting like they were an all-knowing GOD!
A little good natured ribbing and robust discussion is what makes a forum interesting...
but no one ever seemed to call anybody out for being a jerk (I was gonna say "d*ck")
And the good people with something positive to offer just stopped posting.
Why would DAN need (or even WANT) two DJ Forums?... Maybe a merger would be good.... Our DJ Chat Talk?
If you got it for near nothing the membership numbers would make it reasonable easy to sell sponsorship... Not saying he would. There would be ways to extend an olive branch to those that don't post anymore and possibly make it vibrant. Maybe take on a mod or two from there and add one or two from here to keep the clowns at bay.

Quite honestly back in the day Chat was run well and then somehow the mods got a big God complex and Sid never reigned anyone in. There were people there banned literally for not agreeing with a mod and others that ran rough on everyone with no recourse. A few moved on (or passed on) and all of a sudden it was a wild west show the inmates were running the asylum and it's been like that since. On the flip side if it wasn't for the God Mods we wouldn't be here