Responding To Leads

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

SEDJ

DJ Extraordinaire
Apr 1, 2015
Phoenix AZ
Keeping this one simple, when you get leads via lead sites and you have the contacts email address or phone number provided to you, what is the best way to respond back to them? through the lead site, direct, or both?

And go.......

Phone. If you can manage to call them within a few minutes of the inquiry, it still kinda freaks them out. Puts you at a big advantage in the competition.

I'm with Rick on this one Phone is always the best. If that's not possible email is good. responding through the lead site sometimes sends the inquiry to their spam folder I have found

Let's say you are talking about Gig Masters, who after you respond with a yes and send they give you the brides e-mail, I usually just copy and paste what I sent and re-send it with a added note about where I got their e-mail.... Phone is great if you can, but so many brides are text, e-mails only, but I send both, through the site and on my own...

Let's say you are talking about Gig Masters, who after you respond with a yes and send they give you the brides e-mail, I usually just copy and paste what I sent and re-send it with a added note about where I got their e-mail.... Phone is great if you can, but so many brides are text, e-mails only, but I send both, through the site and on my own...
What ive been doing as well.

Reactions: Chuck The DJ
Email only, unless they've indicated that they don't mind being contacted by text. When I've attempted to reach those leads by phone, I either get voicemail or a person who's in the middle of something and either not able to chat or not able to take notes (half the time, they ask me to email them some info anyway).

Reactions: SEDJ
Most website inquiries only give me their email address, and no phone number, so Email is the only form of response. With Gig Masters leads...If I really want to book the gig, I call the next at after sending them a quote. More than 80% of the time I get their voice mail. I leave a message, and usually that's it when I do that I don't get a response. For the 15% or so that do answer the phone, usually they need more time to look at all the quotes and take with their significant other about it...

The ones that book me are usually the ones who respond back to my quote or follow up email within 24 hours. Those are the ones that WANT us. I don't like to spend much time chasing leads these days. I figured I book about the same amount of gigs every year regardless of how I approach follow up to quotes.

I wonder if most are just like forum posters about gear - just looking to confirm the choice they've already made, that the price is fair, etc.

Some are. Or more likely, they already have a referral, or a person they know that they already got a quote from, BUT they want to go online and make sure the price they are paying is "fair".

I had Gig Masters inquiry a few years ago where the prospect typed in "We already have a DJ who quoted us $275...I just want to see if there is anybody out there who can beat that price since we are on a real right budget." With many clients, lowest price is the most important factor. They just want a DJ to show up, don't really care who it is or the quality of their service much.

I have quoted $1250 on Gig Masters before to find out every other DJ who quoted them was less than half my price, and the prospect considered our price ridiculous because we were way out of the ball park. It was a 6 hour ceremony and reception needing 2 sound systems. ...Yet, on another gig masters lead that I ended up booking, I quoted $1,000 for 4 hours. It was a Saturday in May, and the prospect told me the other DJs were right around my quote as well. ....That is just weird...maybe there is no rhyme or reason to how DJs are quoting...OR it just depends on which set of DJs the prospect is actually getting quotes from.

Reactions: MIXMASTERMACHOM