Re-thinking my pricing

Welcome to ODJT
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today!

djcrazychris

DJ Extraordinaire
Jun 12, 2018
i think this sells photography and videography well....but the dj and lighting aspect is completely missing... the one shot that includes your set up makes it look rinky dink and an afterthought..... but id definitely hire your to take photos...

cc

djtaso

DJ Extraordinaire
Apr 4, 2017
NJ
www.djtaso.com
Keep in mind guys, this type of video he is creating is NOT meant to sell anything specific, but rather excite the client and energize them to want to know more as they are about to enter the website. No ones actually gonna watch more than a few seconds, however because first impressions are everything, every small detail of your site counts... especially the initial one.

Look at my site djtaso.com the video on the home screen is a bunch of shots that last .5-2 seconds long... it has no audio, not meant to sell... but rather WOW... by the time they get to the pricing it all makes sense why I charge what I charge (well makes sense to some at least).

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.RickRyan.com
I agree, Taso. The video landing page seems to be THE next big thing in websites and yes, if done correctly, it sells energy. In the scope of things, I struggle to present image. I'm a 54 year old programmer, who happens to DJ and his wife takes pictures on the weekends. This branding and image thing is quite foreign to me, but I believe you've shown me the way and I'm giving it my best effort. I'm interested to see the results over the next few weeks/months.

Oct 16, 2011
I get that you disagree with me. That's not a problem. I'm looking at it from a customer's point of view. One minute you have a price of $1150. You raised your starting price by $300 and now considering going back to $850. What are clients getting that's worth spending $300? So if you go down on your price will they get the same thing or less? I said how I felt. Why are you running on panic mode? Why don't you give the new pricing time to see if it will work? If you were just running a special promotion during a certain time. Then fine. Just curious. What does a client get for $1,150 besides you the DJ?

BlueLineDJ

DJ Extraordinaire
Jan 25, 2015
I agree, Taso. The video landing page seems to be THE next big thing in websites and yes, if done correctly, it sells energy. In the scope of things, I struggle to present image. I'm a 54 year old programmer, who happens to DJ and his wife takes pictures on the weekends. This branding and image thing is quite foreign to me, but I believe you've shown me the way and I'm giving it my best effort. I'm interested to see the results over the next few weeks/months.
What do you use to build your site again?

djtaso

DJ Extraordinaire
Apr 4, 2017
NJ
www.djtaso.com
I get that you disagree with me. That's not a problem. I'm looking at it from a customer's point of view. One minute you have a price of $1150. You raised your starting price by $300 and now considering going back to $850. What are clients getting that's worth spending $300? So if you go down on your price will they get the same thing or less? I said how I felt. Why are you running on panic mode? Why don't you give the new pricing time to see if it will work? If you were just running a special promotion during a certain time. Then fine. Just curious. What does a client get for $1,150 besides you the DJ?
What does a client get with me for $2000 for JUST the dj... as opposed to you at $300 for just the dj.

You charge what you charge because the market allows it. Some of us have tested the market and know we’re in good standing with them and the price we’ve chosen, others are too afraid to raise it, and others have raised it yet the market doesn’t accept it. Finding out why they didn’t is important so you know what needs to be improved.