Program or App that allows tempo change

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

jaswrx

DJ Extraordinaire
Feb 15, 2015
Knowing that I am a DJ, my fitness instructor asked if there is an app that she can select one of her iTunes playlists, and set each/every song to be a desired BPM.

So all songs in the playlist would be adjusted to "130."

I am not aware of anything like that and wanted to ask here if anyone knew such a thing.

Thanks in advance.

-Justin

Reactions: ittigger
I don't think there's anything that would automagically do it. Traktor will let you set the Master 'bpm' - from there, you sync the decks and each song you load would play at that bpm.

I know a few app developers. Apparently, it's a niche market, but she said she and a lot of other fitness trainers would love it to purchase an app like this.

They sell 120-130 bpm mixes on iTunes, but it's not the original artists, so she said she would be willing to pay for something that sets the BPM, but with her own music.

it looks like they took off that fearure. I will email them.

It's hard to believe there is no app that can simply adjust all songs in playlist to a desired BPM.

I am going to make one ang rich. lol

The stupid thing about some of these apps is the subscription models. If it's something I want, then I want to buy it and be done. Nothing like paying 'x' amount per month/year just to be able to use a piece of software. IMO, the subscription is just a means of giving these organizations a guaranteed level of income without really needing to do anything. I have yet to meet a piece of software that I needed so bad that I had to subscribe - and when that day does come, I'll be moving to a different platform.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Lemme guess they want a free or very cheap solution to a unique and specific desire...not aware of sucha thang!

Audacity has a "Batch Mode" that can probably due it, but it's not exactly PNP.

The budget is $100, which is pretty reasonable. I really don't think such a thing exists and will be contacting a developer tomorrow about making an app.