Radio DJs Production music and FX

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Jeff Romard

Administrator
Staff member
ODJT Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Anyone know of a site that has some free production music or FX. I don't mean royalty free just free take it and go

Anyone know of a site that has some free production music or FX. I don't mean royalty free just free take it and go
You will never find it on Google unless you correct the spelling in the Title. Is Prodouction a new French word or what?:triwink:

speaking as a Production Guy,
I can say there are no truly FREE sites for production beds or sound effects.

well, to be accurate
there are no PROFESSIONAL sites that offer their PROFESSIONAL stuff for free.

I'm sure you can find it on someone's personal site
but most companies that sell their music, wll only offer short "samples"

You will never find it on Google unless you correct the spelling in the Title. Is Prodouction a new French word or what?:triwink:

One little misspelling and ya gotta hang a fellow ;)

speaking as a Production Guy,
I can say there are no truly FREE sites for production beds or sound effects.

well, to be accurate
there are no PROFESSIONAL sites that offer their PROFESSIONAL stuff for free.

I'm sure you can find it on someone's personal site
but most companies that sell their music, wll only offer short "samples"

Thanks Mike. We have tons at the station but most of it is on disc and I don't want to spend all that time going through it. Kind of looking for something different too not sure what but different

we ditched all our disc based libraries for web based sites
even so, the problem you mention is the same
too many tracks to listen to
what makes web based libraries better, is they offer a SEARCH feature
so if you want a SPORTS bed, just type it in

We have the web based ones too I'll have to sift through and see what I can find

Jeff what are you looking for? I have over 80,000 samples in my library, and I can make quick loops easily.

Thanks Jynxx I completly forgot about that

Thanks Mike. We have tons at the station but most of it is on disc and I don't want to spend all that time going through it. Kind of looking for something different too not sure what but different

Have you tried asking the station to subscribe to a new service that is hard drive based? We have several options for production/imaging that is already on hard drive (http://www.tmstudios.com). Seems like that's the way all the libraries are going.

Thanks for the offer Jynxx but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for yet. It's basically backing for liners...something different I figure once the liners come in I might have a better idea

Welcome to the board ccardell and thanks for the link

I used to do commercials for a station that wasn't licensed to play copyrighted material, so I had to make my own music for them a lot. If you need me to come up with something, just let me know what you are looking for and I'll see what I can do :)