Post pics of your setup!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I too like my lights out front in some cases as I hate the width of the acrobats patterns hitting my computer screen and besides who says its the standard to have them behind? How many gigs do you do a year WES? Just curious LOL. You must not do many. :triwink:

Just curious here... I don't recall ever seeing any pics of your setup... maybe I've missed them... so how about refreshing my memory?

Ahh I just figured out how to post pics from my phone... I think.

ahhh- Rob starting to show his true age......Gonna make a comment on everything I post now?

I've posted plenty a set up......and playlists....

@ Tuck - appreciate the jab......you're so transparent

and you Mr LeBlanc are very predictable along with your narrow my way is the best way opinion considering minimal regularity on topic.

and you Mr LeBlanc are very predictable along with your narrow my way is the best way opinion considering minimal regularity on topic.

When have I ever said "my way is the best way" ? Excuse me for offering an opinion. I asked Wes a question; he responded; where did I say he was wrong? I'm not the one "forum stalking"; looking for every chance to get a jab in.... Whatever man.....

ahhh- Rob starting to show his true age......Gonna make a comment on everything I post now?

I've posted plenty a set up......and playlists....

@ Tuck - appreciate the jab......you're so transparent

No, but honestly I don't remember you posting pics of your setup... now I know I'm 40 going on 41 what does my age have to do with the question just post a pic no need to analyze the post like it were some sort of jab at you... silly.

Just curious here... I don't recall ever seeing any pics of your setup... maybe I've missed them... so how about refreshing my memory?

Ahh I just figured out how to post pics from my phone... I think.

Joker...nice looking setup! :)

Was the sound LOUD being in that corner? LOL We all find ourselves boxed in at times. Come to think of it...I don't recall seeing any of Jon's dj setups lately?

Attachments

• 2011-10-08_17-27-32_SCL.jpg
    2011-10-08_17-27-32_SCL.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 2011-11-05_18-13-44_SCL.jpg
    2011-11-05_18-13-44_SCL.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 2011-11-05_18-14-32_SCL.jpg
    2011-11-05_18-14-32_SCL.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Jeff Romard
Joker...nice looking setup! :)

Was the sound LOUD being in that corner? LOL We all find ourselves boxed in at times. Come to think of it...I don't recall seeing any of Jon's dj setups lately?
It wasn't too bad. It was a small room anyway so levels didn't need to be high at all to properly thump the room.

Wes - gotta ask; one small case ans what looks to be 12 feet of table...why?

My opinion;move the table up to the speakers and put the lights behind...not a wire to be seen though

Wes, I've got to agree with Steve on this one. First off, that is 12 feet of table you've got there. It's easy to get the measurement from using your sub or console as a guide, most likely two 6 foot tables side by side as I have never seen a 12 foot table at any banquet hall in my 20 years of deejaying. I would have broken down one of the two tables and brought my speakers back off to the sides of the table and set my sun in front to one side and my tripod in front to the other side. Have you ever thought to pole mount your lights using the sub pole hole? I do that on occasion and it really cleans up the look.

Also, pro grade DJ speakers use compression drivers which sound like crap close-up since they are designed to 'throw' the sound. Home speakers with soft dome tweeters and the like sound very nice close up but not horns. If they were set back near your table, they would sound much better. :) Besides, your tops and your subs should always be on the same plane to be time aligned. Unless of course you are going to delay them.

Just my 2cents...

I just don't like/want people walking behind me. I've got several bags/cases/misc other crap I keep behind me. I just don't want people back there. Remember my photog nightmare story a few months back? Plus the chance for someone to accidently unplug me. I do appreciate the constructive critisism , but for this venue, I prefer this setup. As for the table. It was what they gave me and I have no problem with a large table. I actually like it on a personal preference level.

Also, I have to mention that while I do have the ability to use a delay, I rarely do because it is not perceptable to the guests. Think about this. Unless you are sitting in the 'sweet spot' (center back of the dance floor), you are not going to hear any time-aligned sound anyway. Example: If you are seated off to the side of the dance floor, you will hear the speaker closest to you first, followed by the sub, followed by the far-side speaker. I just believe in not over analyzing things and creating a 'problem' where none exists. YMMV. We need to remember we are not performing audiophile-grade, controlled-environment listening parties.

Wes, I totally agree with moving your table back to stop the guests from running around behind you. I hate it when that happens! But........... Yup, there's always a but... With the way you have it set-up, I would be concerned about two things in particular, the tables behind my speakers hearing only a muffled noise and the guests tripping over or even knocking over my tripods. By setting it up the way I have shown in the diagram, you would eliminate both of those issues and have better sound throughout the room for cocktails / dinner / speeches and on the dance floor later. Your console is in blue, by the way... I would take it one step further and replace the lighting tripod with the sub using the pole cup to mount a pole holding my lights. :) My two immediate concerns when setting up are always the same, safety then sound quality.

Safer / Better sound = Less filling / Tastes great! ;)

Attachments

• DJ Set-up.jpg
    DJ Set-up.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 24