Post pics of your setup!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
95791257.jpg

kirknb.jpg

Attachments

• 95791257.jpg
    95791257.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 26

Attachments

• DSC_1394.jpg
    DSC_1394.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 51
  • rack8111 (1)sm.jpg
    rack8111 (1)sm.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0183.jpg
    DSC_0183.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0357.jpg
    DSC_0357.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 263.jpg
    263.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 48
Setup comment

I really don't care for your facade setup at all (that's just a personal preference but it looks like construction paper), but the laptop must hide your face from everyone at eye-level.

It's cool i'm sure everyone has their own preference on how they like their setup to be. This is a very simple facade i made with black poster frames and the material is lycra no construction paper lol. It's a progression for me. I started out with no facade at all. Didn't like the way the wires looked at weddings so I made one that (a. i could afford and b. i could make myself. i'm not very handy with tools haha). I'm already planning on my next facade which will be made from actual wood, acryllic light panels rather than material and it will be a 4ft floor version rather than a table topper. Should look much nicer and i won't have to worry when a wedding guest leans on it. Plus home depot will do all the wood cuts for me and i'll have to do is put it together ;). I don't own a table saw as I rarely have a need for one.

As far as the laptop stand....my face isn't that beautiful where i would care if people see my face anyways hahaha. Besides my laptop is only 15" wide...i can always move to one side or another and they can see me just fine.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I'll put my opinion out there, looks to me like some of you have too much hardware set up at your gigs. I set up a laptop(primary & backup) on both sides of my mixer coffin. I have the wireless mic receiver just inside the console & the lights run by foot pedals on the floor. To be honest, my mixes for school dances are done at home & wedding/corporate events don't need mixing on the fly! Nice set ups everyone!!!

i'll put my opinion out there, looks to me like some of you have too much hardware set up at your gigs. I set up a laptop(primary & backup) on both sides of my mixer coffin. I have the wireless mic receiver just inside the console & the lights run by foot pedals on the floor. To be honest, my mixes for school dances are done at home & wedding/corporate events don't need mixing on the fly! Nice set ups everyone!!!

LOL LOL I :love10: hardware!

Best,

Paul

Steve,

That's a single 8ft table. I got what they gave me. The reason I didn't move the table up is that enough people always walk behind my setup as it is (to get to the otherside of the room). By keeping the table back a little, it cuts down on the foot traffic behind me.

Cool Looking! Now you won't have an easy time selling it however if it gets stolen it would be easy to find, eh!

Steve,

That's a single 8ft table. I got what they gave me. The reason I didn't move the table up is that enough people always walk behind my setup as it is (to get to the otherside of the room). By keeping the table back a little, it cuts down on the foot traffic behind me.

I'd be concerned with folks walking in and about the tripods to get to you....

Speaker tripods usually present an obstacle no matter where you place your table. If I moved the table up and moved the lighting tripod behind my table, then people would be walking behind me and tripping over my lighting tripod. I prefer the setup I used. Personally, I don't like the lights behind me anyway.

I'd be concerned with folks walking in and about the tripods to get to you....

Just curious here... I don't recall ever seeing any pics of your setup... maybe I've missed them... so how about refreshing my memory?

Ahh I just figured out how to post pics from my phone... I think.

Attachments

• 2011-10-08_17-30-12_477.jpg
    2011-10-08_17-30-12_477.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 42