Please keep my oldest niece in your prayers.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
Last night I had to move the van because it snowed and you can't park on the streets in East Orange, NJ or they will ticket and tow you. So I had to park 2 blocks away from the house in a school parking lot. I had to walk back. It took me 30 to 45 minutes to walk back to the house. My hands were cold even with gloves on but I wasn't in pain.

So today I called a friend up to see if her friend would pick me up so I wouldn't have to walk to get the van. Her friend wasn't near by. I told her I would get there. She didn't want me to walk there. Anyhow I told her later on I wanted her friend to help me so I could just see her.

I called my oldest niece and she came to pick me up. She told me to not tell her Grandmother, my mother this. She told me she has breast Cancer. She was in good spirits. She said she would get Kemo and radiation treatments. It is what it is.

So she's dealing with that and on Wednesday I go to Clara Mass Hospital for the hip replacement surgery.

Her name is Chaz. Please say a prayer for her. Actually for both of us. Have a blessed day.

Reactions: Dj Nightmare
Is your hip that bad that it takes 30-45mins to walk 2 blocks? Seems like if you have to call a friend, they would more than likely live further than 2 blocks away and the same goes with your niece. Furthermore, I would not call a friend to have them ask their friend to pick me up period. In bad weather, I'd be embarrassed to ask a friend to get out and driver over to pick me up and drive me 2 blocks.

Hey Mods, can get spell check in here? Some could use it. Chemo is not fun for anybody, let alone, Kemo!

Last night I had to move the van because it snowed and you can't park on the streets in East Orange, NJ or they will ticket and tow you. So I had to park 2 blocks away from the house in a school parking lot. I had to walk back. It took me 30 to 45 minutes to walk back to the house. My hands were cold even with gloves on but I wasn't in pain.

So today I called a friend up to see if her friend would pick me up so I wouldn't have to walk to get the van. Her friend wasn't near by. I told her I would get there. She didn't want me to walk there. Anyhow I told her later on I wanted her friend to help me so I could just see her.

I called my oldest niece and she came to pick me up. She told me to not tell her Grandmother, my mother this. She told me she has breast Cancer. She was in good spirits. She said she would get Kemo and radiation treatments. It is what it is.

So she's dealing with that and on Wednesday I go to Clara Mass Hospital for the hip replacement surgery.

Her name is Chaz. Please say a prayer for her. Actually for both of us. Have a blessed day.
How far away did these people have to come to pick you up - was it more than 2 blocks?

Cancer is awful. Sorry to hear. They have cures today so hopefully she will beat it.

Reactions: PhaseIIPro
I thank The Almighty that my
health is good and I need no help from friends or family to get around. However, it can happen to any one of us at any time, so I glad for Mix that he has good friends and family members who are willing to help.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Luck on your Surgery, and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

As for your Neice, she will pull through, and beat Cancer!

Mix has another crush ...

Prayers for your niece and continued prayers for you.

Is your hip that bad that it takes 30-45mins to walk 2 blocks? Seems like if you have to call a friend, they would more than likely live further than 2 blocks away and the same goes with your niece. Furthermore, I would not call a friend to have them ask their friend to pick me up period. In bad weather, I'd be embarrassed to ask a friend to get out and driver over to pick me up and drive me 2 blocks.

Hey Mods, can get spell check in here? Some could use it. Chemo is not finun for anybody, let alone, Kemo!
Yes it is that bad. Also it was snowing still while I was walking. I had to take my time because I didn't want to fall. Which that would have had the ambulance coming to take me to the ER. There are days when it's hard for me to get in the van. I have to take my time getting to pull myself up so I can get into the van. I need a special device to put my socks on. I can get the right side on but not the left side which is the one that I need the operation for.

Actually the right hip hurts sometimes too. I was told in 2-3 years I will need that one replaced as well. Then there is the issue with my back and I have arthritis on both knees. Get the point? Thanks all for your well wishes for my oldest niece.

Yes it is that bad. Also it was snowing still while I was walking. I had to take my time because I didn't want to fall. Which that would have had the ambulance coming to take me to the ER. There are days when it's hard for me to get in the van. I have to take my time getting to pull myself up so I can get into the van. I need a special device to put my socks on. I can get the right side on but not the left side which is the one that I need the operation for.

Actually the right hip hurts sometimes too. I was told in 2-3 years I will need that one replaced as well. Then there is the issue with my back and I have arthritis on both knees. Get the point? Thanks all for your well wishes for my oldest niece.

Wouldn't it have been easier, cheaper and safer (on everyone) to take a bus or a taxi / Uber?

Last edited: