Platinum notes

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Mar 25, 2018
How are ya? Recently analyzed some tracks thru platinum notes and they sound great ! Anybody else using it?

I remember looking at it years ago, but never tried it. For gain fixing only, mp3gain works pretty good. If Platinum Notes fixes dynamics and compression issues, might be worth the $100. Wish it was a plugin to DJ software so you could toggle it on/off.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
or just use Serato which analyzes files for auto gain, bpm, and corrupt files.

Why would one use separate apps for this?

I use MP3Gain on my music library. Traktor has autogain from the deck that's playing to the track on the next deck. Doesn't actually change the file's volume though. If I had to use my backup (without Traktor) the volumes could be up and down if not volume leveled (with MP3Gain). I'll have Traktor on my backup computer from now on, so not sure if I'll continue to use MP3Gain. I may try out Platinum though, just to see what it can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually gonna scan my whole library thru it, everything seems smooth .My friend uses it faithfully for all his tracks ,looks like i will too.

or just use Serato which analyzes files for auto gain, bpm, and corrupt files.

Why would one use separate apps for this?
Gain yes .. dynamics .. no. Platinum notes actually reprocesses the audio files .. whether that's good or bad .. not sure.

it's "tweaking the gains" according to the promo guy on their site by bringing down the gains so there are no peaks. It is doing some type of processing, but Serato is achieving the same thing by normalizing all the tracks.

So not needed...

What's nice about Serato is that it actually writes the normalization as part of the iD3, which no other DJ program seems to do.

I just get all of my tracks from Neil Young's High Def Pono service. They are awesome!!!:)

I just get all of my tracks from Neil Young's High Def Pono service. They are awesome!!!:)
Must be tough keeping up with the current hits .. since they closed the store ... Now ol' Neil is working on Xstream ...

Reactions: Scott Hanna
I tried it, and will NOT be using this again. Complete snake oil. The only thing I can say is that it makes certain parts of the song from being too loud. So not needed when you can just normalize in Serato.

Songs do NOT sound any better "processed" through this program.

On nearly half of the songs, Serato shows them as corrupt.

I will be asking for my money back.

Another thing worth noting is it doesn't give the option to replace the filename, so there is no good way to let it scan your whole library and have Serato refind the "new" track.

So if one were to use, you would have to start all over with music management, and that is not going to happen after 10 years of hard work.

Serato only lowers and increases the gain... hardly what you want to do with you files.