Pinterest, yes or no?

Discussion in 'DJ Marketing' started by rickryan.com, Feb 13, 2018.

1. rickryan.com

rickryan.com DJ Extraordinaire

Do any of you guys use Pinterest for social media marketing? The platform gets on my nerves, but seems that brides just eat it up. I loathe trying to upload one pic at a time but yesterday found some multi-upload tools that make it seem a bit more bearable. Wondering if anyone here uses it and has had any success with getting eyeballs from it.

https://www.pinterest.com/rickryan/pins/

2. djtaso

djtaso DJ Extraordinaire

I do it... but more so for website back link opportunities. Can’t imagine someone going to Pinterest to find a dj. Now if they come across a pic posted by a dj that’s different... but a djs photo will hardly stand out compared to a photographers

Jeff Romard likes this.
  3. steve149

steve149 Urbane Legend

Mix's photos stand out ...

Jeff Romard, azdeejay and djtaso like this.
  4. rickryan.com

I thought their backlinks were nofollow? Your getting SEO juice off pinterest?

5. azdeejay

azdeejay DJ Extraordinaire

A DJ in one of the DJ Facebook groups said its one of the best kept secert's for booking brides

6. tunes4046

tunes4046 DJ Extraordinaire

It’s not very secret if he put it on Facebook

7. azdeejay

azdeejay DJ Extraordinaire

You would be correct, he done did let the cat outa the bag

8. djtaso

djtaso DJ Extraordinaire

I recently just created one so not sure of it’s positive or negative effects, however this is just something I read while doing some research on ways to build it up and came across it. Doesn’t hurt to make one... it is free after all.

9. rickryan.com

The big problem I see with Pinterest is it's a real time hog on trying to make posts. I'm trying out a few different mass posting utilities (viraltag looks the best so far) and also trying out an interesting follower generator (sorry, I've lost the link right now). In the past 24 hours, I've posted a few hundred pins. Not sure if it's the fresh posts or the generator but my follower count has shot from 275 to 358. Viraltag is $24/month but if it makes the issue of posting and promotion easy, that may be the best money I've spent in a long time.

10. awalker19

awalker19 DJ Extraordinaire

I've thought about it but I just don't like the interface. Its like LinkedIn, it just doesn't excite me.

11. rickryan.com

By the way, the pinterest promotional tool was PinPinterest.com. I'm on a 7-day trial now. Interested to see what the results are.

azdeejay likes this.
  12. Jeff Romard

Jeff Romard Moderator Staff Member

Even if they are no follow you still get mileage in generic Google searches if you tag them similar to your keywords. Pinterest generally ranks high in Google Yahoo and Bing searches. It doesn't matter how they find you just that they do and if you are 8 of the top 10 places it's all the better

Big Dan likes this.