Pinterest and SEO

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
Wanted to open a discussion about SEO and search placement. I finally found a tool that lets you batch post Pinterest pins and for the past several weeks, I'm taking entire project galleries and posting them to my pinterest page. The tool lets you include keywords, as well as link URL. Here's the interesting part. Everything I've read online says that pinterest does ZERO to increase your site's search engine rankings. However, when I do keyword position tests my site has been stuck in position #35-#40 and suddenly it's popped up to #15. The only thing I can see different is the pinterest postings.

Anybody else got any input or thoughts in regards? Just wondering if any of you guys have worked on this area.

I don't think SEO is the solution to propel my business forward.
What I want is quality customers with conscientious and mindful purchasing habits who will talk about me and refer me to more people just like them.
That's not what shows up at my inbox when I'm at the top of a given search page.

If you have inventory or results to showcase then by all means post them online. But, people typically use Pinterest as an "idea" board rather than a launch pad for shopping.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I wanted to give an update. The pinterest posting seems to be generating moderate amounts of traffic. However, in the past 2 weeks I've noticed something much bigger. My wife is a good writer and she's finally taken an interest in writing blogs. She's probably written a half-dozen in the past 2 weeks. She writes one for her photo-only site (CarolynRyanPhotography.com), then we copy and re-publish to mine (RickRyan.com). She usually includes the full set of sneak peek photos. Her writing, my opinion, is much better than the typical photo blog. Most are "We had fun, we took pictures, blah blah blah, the end." She paints these great visuals and every event write up is unique and creative. I only wish I could write even half as well as she does.

During the past 2 weeks, we're seeing a 250% increase in traffic. My site had been sitting at 250 and now is at 420 (past 30 days). Her site was 40 and is now at 120. I wish I could say my pinterest and other social media promotions had caused it but the blogs are the only thing common between the two sites.