Par suggestions

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

TJS

GetSomeJuJu
Nov 8, 2018
Ankeny, IA
www.jujulab.rocks
I have some Chauvet DJ Slimpar Q12's but I gotta say, I'm disappointed in the brightness. They just seem lame. I also seem to have issues with color mixing. If any of you have items from Chauvet, my understanding is that you hit Menu until you see "U" then hit "Enter". This brings up the Red, Green, Blue, Amber with the color values up to full at 255. If I bring the Amber down all the way to 0 and the r,g,b to full (255) I should get white light (which I do). However, when I bring down one of the r,g,b colors (let's say for this example, red) to 80, I see no color change whatsoever (whether while I bring down the red from 255 to 80 or whether I hit 'enter' after I reach 80). Am I missing something?? It's like I'm unable to color mix at all. Trying to determine if I have a problem with the fixtures. In any case, they still don't seem to be that bright and I'm open to suggestions. I love Chauvet's Freedom Par Quad 4 but I expected much more from the Slimpar Q12 in having some great bright colored pars to wash a dance floor.

I have some Chauvet DJ Slimpar Q12's but I gotta say, I'm disappointed in the brightness. They just seem lame. I also seem to have issues with color mixing. If any of you have items from Chauvet, my understanding is that you hit Menu until you see "U" then hit "Enter". This brings up the Red, Green, Blue, Amber with the color values up to full at 255. If I bring the Amber down all the way to 0 and the r,g,b to full (255) I should get white light (which I do). However, when I bring down one of the r,g,b colors (let's say for this example, red) to 80, I see no color change whatsoever (whether while I bring down the red from 255 to 80 or whether I hit 'enter' after I reach 80). Am I missing something?? It's like I'm unable to color mix at all. Trying to determine if I have a problem with the fixtures. In any case, they still don't seem to be that bright and I'm open to suggestions. I love Chauvet's Freedom Par Quad 4 but I expected much more from the Slimpar Q12 in having some great bright colored pars to wash a dance floor.
Do you have a DMX board (or can you borrow one with a cable) to test them with ? You are correct that dropping red from 255 to 80 should dim the red channel substantially.

I have Dmxis so it’s software based and was just starting to figure out how to use it. Maybe I’ll try going down that path and see if it helps. I remember the software being.a bit of a pain to use to get the software to see what type of fixture they were. Everyone submits their fixtures into the database however they’re using it so there may be several versions of that slimpar depending on how many channels they used etc. It’s kind of dumb. It should be just the default fixture in the data base not everyone’s uploaded version of how they’re using the fixture. In any case, thx for letting me know my original thinking is on track regarding my example!

i recommend the chauvet washfx if u want brightness...they are bright like a thousand suns... they also do pixel mapping type patterns in certain modes

cc