November 2017 Audio/Video/Photo/Computer Deals

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
Since we are heading into crazy season for shopping, I figured I would start a thread to post any deals you see out there this month.

So .. given that, try to minimize the additional chatter (i know how hard that is) so people can find the deals a little easier ... a comment or 3 is probably OK .. :)

So, first up ..

EV, Bose, Ultimate and Blue

At PSSL (maybe others), EV ZLX and EKX are $100 off .. EV Rebates at ProSound and Stage Lighting

Also. Bose F1 nd L1 systems are 15% off (Cap, please comment if you have the same deals) .. Bose at ProSound and Stage Lighting (Page 1 of 2)

Ultimate TS100 Air-Assist tripods are Buy-One-Get-One .. Ultimate TS-100 Air Powered Tripod Speaker Stand

As are Blue enCore microphones: Blue Mic BOGO at ProSound and Stage Lighting

For the Visual DJ .. an open "facade" made to look like truss .... ADJ Pro Event Folding Truss Table .. on sale today only for $250

ADJ American DJ Pro Event Folding Truss Table
proeventtablefrontjpg.jpg_14.jpg

trans.gif

I moved all the other posts here. This message will self destruct if I remember to flick the switch tomorrow

On sale at Best Buy .. Dell Inspiron i5 15.6" laptop w 8Gb RAM and 2Tb HD. $360

Lower end i5, but a very good buy for the money. Certainly powerful enough for DJ needs .. probably not the right box for video since it doesn't have a separate video card.

Great backup laptop at minimum ...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-i...&acampID=43ac34d0c4a311e7b2b7ea7718e137e00INT

1366 x 768 HD resolution.
7th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-7200U mobile processor
8GB system memory for advanced multitasking
2TB hard drive for ample file storage space
Intel® HD Graphics 620
MaxxAudio
5.07 lbs. and measures 0.9" thin
Bluetooth 4.0 interface syncs with compatible devices
2 USB 3.0 ports
HDMI output expands your viewing options
Built-in media reader
Built-in HD webcam with microphone

6097909_rd.jpg

Western Digital 4Tb Portable Hard Drive ... USB 3.0 $80 at Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-eas...D=1&siteID=H7Pv0hu8rnA-ta0KQ28TJrwzaFF3zz4TdA

5792405cv11d.jpg

We'll try again.[emoji1] Last time I ordered a portable drive from Best Buy you posted, it was on back order for a couple of weeks, then they canceled my order... the bastards![emoji1] For that price, though, it's worth another try. Good thing I'm not desperate for one. I also ordered a pair of the JBL monitors from Guitar Center.[emoji4]

UPDATE: Good news! The disk drive from Best Buy shipped. Looks like no backorder this time.[emoji4]

Last edited:
My JBL LSR305 speakers just shipped. I was fixin' (getting ready in Oklahoma speak[emoji1]) to pull the trigger on a pair of KRK monitors, but decided to give these a shot. Coulda got the KRK's at the same price... Guess I'll find out soon if I made a good decision.[emoji4]

DON'T POST any more cool gear on sale!!!... I can't seem to resist a good deal.[emoji1]

Last edited:
In case anyone wants a "good" extra speaker or two, or just a cheap main front end system...

Musician's Friend has Mackie Thumps as a Stupid Deal of the Day marked down to $199 per speaker!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/mackie-thump12-1000w-12-powered-loudspeaker

Mackie Thumps???... I listened to them side-by-side with the Alto TS112's and some others at Guitar Center when I bought my speakers. The Thumps were probably the least impressive of all the speakers I listened to. They didn't even sound as good as the Behringer Eurolives, and were not even as well made as the Altos IMO.[emoji1] I don't think I'd buy Thumps even if they cost $99.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackie Thumps???... I listened to them side-by-side with the Alto TS112's and some others at Guitar Center when I bought my speakers. The Thumps were probably the least impressive of all the speakers I listened to. They didn't even sound as good as the Behringer Eurolives, and were not even as well made as the Altos IMO.[emoji1] I don't think I'd buy Thumps even if they cost $99.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, they were not as nice sounding as Altos! Yeah, for the $100 price difference, or $200 price difference per pair, I'd certainly go with Altos over the Thumps for sure.

BUT, if someone just wants a speaker that can produce more bass, and perhaps a better quality sound than say Geminis or Harbingers, Thumps are a good compromise. It's a set of speakers for $398 with free shipping. Perhaps an extra set for back up duty.

I agree, they were not as nice sounding as Altos! Yeah, for the $100 price difference, or $200 price difference per pair, I'd certainly go with Altos over the Thumps for sure.

BUT, if someone just wants a speaker that can produce more bass, and perhaps a better quality sound than say Geminis or Harbingers, Thumps are a good compromise. It's a set of speakers for $398 with free shipping. Perhaps an extra set for back up duty.

I listened to the Harbingers too... They still sounded better than the Thumps to me. The Thumps sounded muddy.[emoji4]

I haven't ever listened to (or even seen) any Gemini speakers, so I got no opinion on those.[emoji4]

Last edited:
  • Sine wave power is clean and stable for sensitive electronics /Big plus!

Reactions: ittigger
  • Sine wave power is clean and stable for sensitive electronics /Big plus!
Agree .. though on a $150 unit, that might actually be sin wave .. :)

Reactions: SEDJ and ittigger
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2 channel in - 4 channel out) USB "soundcard" on special for $135 with coupon code BLACKFRIDY (note no "A")

Also usable to record to laptop via USB .. comes with a basic/lightweight ProTools pack

Focusrite makes some of the best A/D boxes around. This will allow 2 deck outputs from a laptop at high resolution .. the discount code will also work on the other smaller Focusrite USB adapters (Solo, 2i2, 2i6)

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen

2i4_front.jpg