Interactive DJs No, THIS is the worst DJ ever!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
As far as your iPod video goes, (my opinion) is that it was in poor taste to promote your association with it. That was an unfortunate incident that should not be used for financial gain.

I'd like to examine iPod video for a second. We say it was unfortunate and that as professionals, this is not what we would want at any show. That is true - but there is a cost for that. I don't think any of us were there during the planning, pricing, etc of this show but I can almost guarantee you that this was not a high dollar wedding. Probably not even a medium dollar wedding. The DJ was not experienced, seasoned nor professional. I might consider this (based on all the knowledge I have of all the people in the trade) to be a new DJ performing for free to get his name out there. Maybe he's a family friend that they considered a 'DJ'. Maybe the bride and groom rented the equipment and had their friend, the iPod DJ, run the show because they did not want to pay for a professional level system, staffing and services. We can only guess what happened but the underlying fact remains unchanged, us professionals would NEVER perform like that. Our clients, our names, our businesses and our equipment are too valuable to us. This show very well could have been a victim of Rule #1 - You Get What You Pay For.

We have all had some bad shows and that's where the bulk of our experience comes from. We're here, on this forum, to help each other reach new heights in both shared knowledge and shared experiences.

As to the first video, there really is no call for that. Totally unprofessional, rude and disgusting. As a client, I would have stopped the show at that moment. As a guest, I would have left. Another example of what we don't ever want to see at a show. This 'DJ' seemed more experienced than the iPod DJ though so I'm sure there were probably fees involved. In fact, this video irritates me more than the iPod DJ does as this was someone that seemed to have a little more experience.

Actually it was a very high end wedding. Look closer at the video. You will notice a cathedral wedding, vintage Limos, Monogrammed Wine, reception held on a prestigous estate, custom gown, 3 camera video shoot, 2 photographers, favors, you name it they had it. It was far from some low end hillbilly event.

There was NO DJ. The person running the iPod was one of the groomsmen. This was a DIY reception when it came to the entertainment. They spent MORE for an iPod than they could have spent for a decent DJ. Our connection was the Videographer.

This video is un retouched other than the text slides introduced.

This video is important. It shows consumers what DIY can turn out to be.

Actually it was a very high end wedding. Look closer at the video. You will notice a cathedral wedding, vintage Limos, Monogrammed Wine, reception held on a prestigous estate, custom gown, 3 camera video shoot, 2 photographers, favors, you name it they had it. It was far from some low end hillbilly event.

There was NO DJ. The person running the iPod was one of the groomsmen. This was a DIY reception when it came to the entertainment. They spent MORE for an iPod than they could have spent for a decent DJ. Our connection was the Videographer.

This video is un retouched other than the text slides introduced.

This video is important. It shows consumers what DIY can turn out to be.

I meant low dollar from the DJ's perspective - and not the overall show cost. Sorry I did not clarify. I guess I hit it right on about the iPod DJ being a friend. "Maybe the bride and groom rented the equipment and had their friend, the iPod DJ, run the show because they did not want to pay for a professional level system, staffing and services."

iPod DJ: From the client side, as long as they were happy with what they got - no problem. I, and I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone here, would NEVER allow that to happen.

Singing DJ: I don't sing, so no worries there *it's pretty bad when your dogs cover their ears when you sing*

Conga Drum DJ: I would NEVER allow that to happen.

Did you see the slide on the ipod cost? That is what they spent to use an iPod. What tehy spent is more than many, many DJs charge to do a wedding. They could have gotten a better result from a DJ for that amount & had a better flowing reception.

I don't disagree with you. If it's what they wanted and if they're happy with what they had and the outcome, then so be it. From the professional side - I completely see your point - we could have rocked it SO much better - but it obviously wasn't what they wanted. I'm also going to refrain from calling him the 'iPod DJ' anymore as he wasn't a 'DJ'.

=)

ittiger dont worry if I started then you would have to get another tounge or new fingers it gets that bad!

wow and he is a Aussie Dj ??

what a bad one at that
I dont think that a person with Cerebral Palsy, shouldn't even be djing period, its way too hard for them to even control what they do in the first place...

not racist but thats bad

Not true...I have a buddy who has CP and is in a wheelchair and he's a better DJ than I am!