New Version of the Numark DJ2GO - Mini/Backup Controller

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
... the DJ2GO2 .. Serato focused, built-in soundcard (older version was just a simple controller), performance pads. $75-$80 Comes with Serato Intro (pre-mapped)

Might be a nice small system controller (especially if you're like me and just want those big play/pause buttons) or an emergency backup. Main and headphone outs (3.5mm)

Available multiple places .. here it is on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Numark-DJ2GO2-Pocket-Controller-Interface/dp/B074D5NXT7

upload_2017-10-8_13-53-53.jpeg
upload_2017-10-8_13-57-43.jpeg

Last edited:
Would come in handy. I would use for my ceremony system. For an example, last weak I had cue point on three songs & had to use a controller.
I could see me using on at the least two or three gigs a year.
Usually ships within 4 to 6 months. ??

Would come in handy. I would use for my ceremony system. For an example, last weak I had cue point on three songs & had to use a controller.
I could see me using on at the least two or three gigs a year.
Usually ships within 4 to 6 months. ??
:) .. I guess they're just shipping (it was shown at DJ Expo, but I forgot to post) .. B&H shows availability Oct. 18, Zzounds shows Oct. 30.

I own the original ...

upload_2017-10-8_14-38-6.jpeg

and a similar Behringer CMD Micro ..

upload_2017-10-8_14-37-27.png

This version has a bit more useful features (the soundcard being a prime one) .. might have to get one myself ...

Reactions: Ausumm and ittigger
My question is are the wheels free moving? I have the cheapest Pioneer in a case for backup. I don't care for it because the wheels are not free moving. I can get it to work with me mixing but hopefully I won't ever have to use it. I brought it simply because what if by chance something happens to my main controller at a gig? Without a backup that would end the event and money I would have to give back to the client.

My question is are the wheels free moving? I have the cheapest Pioneer in a case for backup. I don't care for it because the wheels are not free moving. I can get it to work with me mixing but hopefully I won't ever have to use it. I brought it simply because what if by chance something happens to my main controller at a gig? Without a backup that would end the event and money I would have to give back to the client.
The platters turn, but realiatically, on a 3" dial, it's really for simple cueing .. these aren't designed to be a "main" controller. The performance pads are really for show on a device this small, but hey .. as a backup or for simple needs, it works.

Is it any different than the original? (I own one)
Besides the look of it?

Reactions: ittigger
I just got one. It is the smallest and least expensive controller that will enable Serato Intro or Serato DJ to start in two-deck performance mode.
Great if you want to practice mixing with your laptop while aboard a plane - it (like the original) is sized to sit right on the laptop's front fascia - and should score points with the chick sitting next to you (which in my case would be my wife!).

Biggest disappointment for live use is no EQ knobs/sliders, so adjustment is not possible since they aren't displayed on Serato's GUI either. Some of the controls can be remapped, but again, nothing for EQ. Also, while the original worked with Mixvibes Cross DJ, this one does not.

Reactions: ittigger