New Venue Coming Up... Need Advice.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
...Power went out on the street we live on. That messed up my VCR DVD player. The lights keep blinking and it won't work. Got to get a new DVD player. Crap happens.

I've got one word for you... Surge Protectors![emoji3]

I have all my home electronics and computers on UPS systems with built-in surge protection. You don't need to go as far as UPS's, but good surge protectors would be worth the small investment.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's probably more of a case of his partner set it up for him and now that the power went out he doesn't know how to reset it himself.

image.jpg

Reactions: ittigger
What's a VCR? ;)

How quickly we forget.[emoji3]... I still have one, but I could not swear it still works; haven't used it in years... We're still talkin' VCR's here. I also have a laser disc player.[emoji3] Same goes for that. I have a whole cabinet of movies on laser discs and have not played one in... I don't know how long... How long have DVD's been out?[emoji1]

I would try to use the installed system it was obviously designed for the room
That's if they allow you to use it. They may be hesitent because they don't know you. They usually have to get to know you before they allow you to hook up to their house system. Then it depends on the system. Some installed systems are just plain junk.

That's if they allow you to use it. They may be hesitent because they don't know you. They usually have to get to know you before they allow you to hook up to their house system. Then it depends on the system. Some installed systems are just plain junk.

Just so that you know - there is minimal truth to this. I have used many house systems in places that 'don't know me' and I have also allowed many to connect to my system that I 'don't know'. It's a business arrangement - not a buddy system.

When it comes to someone using my gear to play on I like to know they know their stuff. Not every DJ knows their stuff and if something gets damaged, they will look at you and say I'm sorry. Sorry won't fix a thing.

When it comes to someone using my gear to play on I like to know they know their stuff. Not every DJ knows their stuff and if something gets damaged, they will look at you and say I'm sorry. Sorry won't fix a thing.
Yes, we know not every DJ knows their stuff.

Chances are, they will have a podium & mic there for the organization to use and therefore, also a sound-man. I would look further into patching into that array system, I mean... why not? I LOVE it when I get gigs at the Vancouver Hard Rock as I get to simpy plug into their AMAZING in-house system with 3 x double 18" subs and matching tops on either side of the stage! You should hear Cheerleader through that system!

When my daughter got married in August, the room had an installed Bose Panaray system ... basically the install version of the L1 system ( Panaray MA12 Modular Line Array Loudspeaker | Bose Professional ) .. 4 double columns spread out along the long wall and a small sub (B1 sized) beneath each one. However, they rent that and said it was for speaking and light music use only ..The DJ I picked wanted to use his own gear anyway .. the same (basically) L1 system .. :)

Chances are, they will have a podium & mic there for the organization to use and therefore, also a sound-man. I would look further into patching into that array system, I mean... why not? I LOVE it when I get gigs at the Vancouver Hard Rock as I get to simpy plug into their AMAZING in-house system with 3 x double 18" subs and matching tops on either side of the stage! You should hear Cheerleader through that system!

We'll see, but the client said there would be NO presentations... strictly a social event.