New Online Service To Remove/Isolate Vocals From Tracks

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
PhonicMind is a website that you can submit a mp3 file to and it will return 2 files .. Vocal only and Music Only. Cost runs $1.50-$4 per song depending on purchase plan ($3.99 is for a single song).

Uses Artificial Intelligence .. reports range from very good to so,so.

Might still be useful for times when someone wants to sing along with a standard, non karaoke track ... or if you need some acapella to overdub something.

There is a trial mode that does some small part of the song .. give it a whirl .. PhonicMind - AI Online Vocal Remover that WORKS!

So, is this for those Karaoke Jocks or dinner, wedding and instrumental ceremony music?
Probably not karaoke, unless you want to make your own tracks (no lyrics), but if someone needs the Instrumental version and none exist .. or if a client wants a sing along version of something .. might help ..

We used to do this at the radio station using phase cancellation.
If they use the same technology, I hope it works better than it did back then.

Audacity can do it for free, it just depends on what track, or side or whatever the tech term is that the lyrics are place.

I think I read that if the lyrics are place on both left/right , you cant really remove them, they have to be on the left or right, or I could wrong.