NEW music that is working for your dance floor...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Mike, does your station have "power songs" that MUST be played every 2 hours?

When I started I was in the overnight shift which meant I heard a bunch of songs 3 times....ugh...lovely Clear (cheap) Channel....
That's SiriusXM as well ... listen to the 70s channel and you'll think there were only a few dozen songs made in the whole decade.

i remember getting double copies of "this is how we do it" from my record pool back in the day and immediately hunting down a second set for back up... i had been playing "Childrens Story" at the club a lot and to have it updated in such an anthem type song was so exciting... played it a couple weeks ago and they are still cheering for it..... THATS the new song im looking for!!

cc

When I started I was in the overnight shift which meant I heard a bunch of songs 3 times....ugh...lovely Clear (cheap) Channel....
They don't play the 'power songs' - because that's how they get kilt. Instead, they play the otter ones.

Reactions: dunlopj

The station I am working for now is a stand alone AM talk station.
But when I worked for ClearChannel, we had four stations (rock, top40, talk, sports)
And the Top40 station was repeating the "A" songs about every two hours.
Fortunately, my limited on-air time was only on the rock station.

The station I worked at was a country music station.

We had 5 power songs that got played every 2 hours.

It was such a cool experience working there....met some really smart music industry folk as well as many of the major artists of those years.

But alas, after Clear Channel took over from State Farm, it lost much of the "glamour"....:cry:

Reactions: Ausumm and ittigger
I sometimes wish Humanities ceaseless march to the least common denominator wasn't so "in your face"!

Yes i agree it seems the dreadful music state is a reflection of the decayed run down society we presently are living in.
Always look on the bright side wherever possible , do what we can to make things better :nod:..

If anyone has anything to add in terms of any new music that works your dancefloor please do.

Hokey Pokey, Bunny Hop, Stroll, Chicken Dance, Hands Up, all moved on.
Electric slide, cha-cha slide, Gangnam Style, Hawaii 5-0, all moved on.
Wobble, Crank Dat, Cupid Shuffle, all are moving on.

Welcome the two newest, hottest, most demanded silly set songs of today:

View: https://youtu.be/XqZsoesa55w

1.9 BILLION views

and

View: https://youtu.be/mDFBTdToRmw

27 MILLION views and rising exponentially

You have until next Wednesday to master this or your audiences will be ahead of you again.

Take that, yuz hip hop heads!!!

Reactions: ittigger
The station I am working for now is a stand alone AM talk station.
But when I worked for ClearChannel, we had four stations (rock, top40, talk, sports)
Fortunately, my limited on-air time was only on the rock station.

Unfortunately most groups don't program radio anymore they create a list of categories and press a button. I firmly believe if you had a station that was actually programmed by a human for flow it would top the market in a year. It would be a bit more labour intensive but the quality would trump anything out there today

Reactions: Ausumm and ittigger
Unfortunately most groups don't program radio anymore they create a list of categories and press a button.
In the US, that would be iHeart Radio - now bringing crap programming to 984 stations, including Latino markets. I'm surprised the FCC allows this.

In the US, that would be iHeart Radio - now bringing crap programming to 984 stations, including Latino markets. I'm surprised the FCC allows this.

Follow the money you will see why the FCC allows it

Unfortunately most groups don't program radio anymore they create a list of categories and press a button. I firmly believe if you had a station that was actually programmed by a human for flow it would top the market in a year. It would be a bit more labour intensive but the quality would trump anything out there today

Absolutely. Just before I left the big corporate monster....we went through a boat load of Program Directors. They got rid of the old ones who actually made decisions, back when we actually HAD Music Directors. People were thrilled to get the job, only to realize they were not making ANY decisions a PD would normally make. Music, appearances, promotions, giveaways, EVERY decision was made on the national level....by guys in suits who quite often knew very little about radio, and usually knew NOTHING about the local market.
So they are now hiring "YES" men (and women) and pay them peanuts to do what they are told.