NEW music that is working for your dance floor...

Welcome to ODJT
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today!

steve149

Urbane Legend
Sep 26, 2011
Prospect, CT
Mike, does your station have "power songs" that MUST be played every 2 hours?

When I started I was in the overnight shift which meant I heard a bunch of songs 3 times....ugh...lovely Clear (cheap) Channel....
That's SiriusXM as well ... listen to the 70s channel and you'll think there were only a few dozen songs made in the whole decade.

djcrazychris

DJ Extraordinaire
Jun 12, 2018
i remember getting double copies of "this is how we do it" from my record pool back in the day and immediately hunting down a second set for back up... i had been playing "Childrens Story" at the club a lot and to have it updated in such an anthem type song was so exciting... played it a couple weeks ago and they are still cheering for it..... THATS the new song im looking for!!

cc

ittigger

Hundred Acre Industry Icon
Feb 1, 2011
Western Maryland

When I started I was in the overnight shift which meant I heard a bunch of songs 3 times....ugh...lovely Clear (cheap) Channel....
They don't play the 'power songs' - because that's how they get kilt. Instead, they play the otter ones.

Ausumm

Day Late and a Dollar Short
Oct 21, 2008
Bethlehem PA
www.mikefoxx.com
The station I am working for now is a stand alone AM talk station.
But when I worked for ClearChannel, we had four stations (rock, top40, talk, sports)
And the Top40 station was repeating the "A" songs about every two hours.
Fortunately, my limited on-air time was only on the rock station.

dunlopj

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 14, 2008
Belair MD
And the Top40 station was repeating the "A" songs about every two hours.
The station I worked at was a country music station.

We had 5 power songs that got played every 2 hours.

It was such a cool experience working there....met some really smart music industry folk as well as many of the major artists of those years.

But alas, after Clear Channel took over from State Farm, it lost much of the "glamour"....:cry: