New, free, DJ player for Windows

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Handinon

DJ Extraordinaire
Oct 1, 2014
WinAmp, ZaraRadio, now TangoPlayer - TangoPlayer

I somehow stumbled across this while searching for something latin. Here's a screenshot -

TangoPlayer.jpg

I've been torture testing it, runs great. Supports two (or a dual) sound cards for prelistening, has a built in compressor, AGC, and has a really good (maybe the best) database search. The lower left corner "Cortina" box can be used as a scratchpad for frequently used songs or sounds.

Like most serious dance programs, it is designed to have a deliberate, controllable pause between songs. The one thing it's missing is a speed control, which really surprised me, since a lot of Tango music comes from Argentina's "Golden Age" on 78 rpm shellac records, which actually have no standardized speed! I've already asked the programs developer if one can be added.

Last edited:
Looks interesting but one thing I DON'T want between songs is a pause. I want something that lets me auto-crossfade between tracks (and that will clip quiet head/tails). Does it handle video? Got a link?
TangoPlayer

Reactions: ittigger
Looks interesting but one thing I DON'T want between songs is a pause. I want something that lets me auto-crossfade between tracks (and that will clip quiet head/tails). Does it handle video? Got a link?

It can remove dead air at the beginning and the end of songs, the pause between songs can be as short as 0 seconds, but it doesn't crossfade, and I'm not sure if it does video. It's definitely more for serious dancers (like Salsa) who expect to be able to dance to the whole song. For me, it will be a replacement for Virtual DJ Studio, which I've used for formal dances - and allows me to get out on the dance floor. I will still be using Serato or Cross DJ for more "Traditional" gigs.

However, this is good stuff. If you play with it, click on the waveform (top right) while the song is playing - both in front off and behind the cursor - and listen to what it does. The first time you open it (it runs like a portable, no installation), click on the Gear Icon (lower right), scroll to "Stil & Sprache", then click "English".

Last edited:
the pause between songs can be as short as 0 seconds, but it doesn't crossfade,

That's the deal breaker for me....
WAY too many songs fade out at the end...
and my gigs don't have "serious" dancers!
But I do wish Zara Radio had the availability to cue into songs (prelisten), and I wish it had a compressor.

Reactions: ittigger
That's the deal breaker for me....
WAY too many songs fade out at the end...
and my gigs don't have "serious" dancers!
But I do wish Zara Radio had the availability to cue into songs (prelisten), and I wish it had a compressor.
The silence skipper is adjustable from -10db to -60 db. I cannot help you with the lack of serious dancers! :cheers:

A new version V1.6.6 was released with a range of plus or minus 15% speed adjustment.