New Facade from ProX

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
The 4 panel package with accessories and roadcase is $ 1499 delivered to the lower 48 states. (note, the case will fit 5 panels)

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I'm right there with ya.[emoji1]... But how much is something that will "hide a multitude of sins" worth to ya? $1,499 seems pretty reasonable until you consider you could just confess them to Jesus and have all your sins forgiven for free![emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't know ... I'm a saint ...

For a higher end wedding DJ, to me this looks like it draws way to much attention away from the client.
Not to take away from this product, but for the NJ/NYC area, its a few years too late. LED facades are the standard here for most djs... in fact the higher end dj's in the NJ area are trying to get away from these it seems (tufted facades, custom workstations, etc). A facade is virtually a must tho. When I go to non metro areas, and the venue staff see it, they always so how they wish more dj's covered up the tables bc it is such an eye sore.

Reactions: DJ TJ
Not to take away from this product, but for the NJ/NYC area, its a few years too late. LED facades are the standard here for most djs... in fact the higher end dj's in the NJ area are trying to get away from these it seems (tufted facades, custom workstations, etc). A facade is virtually a must tho. When I go to non metro areas, and the venue staff see it, they always so how they wish more dj's covered up the tables bc it is such an eye sore.

Do you have your boards custom made?

I have been thinking about doing a custom facade recently. But I'd want to be pretty specific about sizing. I don't actually want to cover my controller up.

I also was considering multiple looks. I do so many rustic barn/vineyard weddings, that I would love to have a rustic option, and then maybe a more plush/glam option.

I have been thinking about doing a custom facade recently. But I'd want to be pretty specific about sizing. I don't actually want to cover my controller up.

I also was considering multiple looks. I do so many rustic barn/vineyard weddings, that I would love to have a rustic option, and then maybe a more plush/glam option.

I have a design for a custom facade in my head as well, but when I priced the materials I'd need, it was WAY too much to justify. It would be VERY cool, and different from any others, but sometimes you have to weigh the cost with the benefit.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MIXMASTERMACHOM

Mine is custom in terms of the dimensions, which I had made from djfrontboard.com There aren't really any "rustic" venues around here so no one's going for that design, however I can imagine by your area it is. I'm going to a barn at the sotterley plantation next weekend, and know my white facade will stick out lol but I like that. However, maybe something like this would be a great investment Instagram post by Out of the Woods • Mar 10, 2016 at 11:54pm UTC I know a lot of guys are going to local people who do custom woodwork to make their workstations.

Mine is custom in terms of the dimensions, which I had made from djfrontboard.com There aren't really any "rustic" venues around here so no one's going for that design, however I can imagine by your area it is. I'm going to a barn at the sotterley plantation next weekend, and know my white facade will stick out lol but I like that. However, maybe something like this would be a great investment Instagram post by Out of the Woods • Mar 10, 2016 at 11:54pm UTC I know a lot of guys are going to local people who do custom woodwork to make their workstations.

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. But I was hoping to do something that look, but collapsible. And then moving from a table to a heavy duty Keyboard stand for my controller.

I'd like a nice simple, thin aluminum frame, sized to a standard (2x4 or 20"x36" or 20x40"), with an easy on/off of one end (top or bottom - half turn lock), so you can simply slide in a panel of choice - translucent for rear lighting or projection, white/black as needed, custom fabrics/etc for special events.

The frames I know are out there, but none seem to be designed for quick and simple replacement. I don't do weddings, so not looking for elegant .. just useful. A Black powder coated or anodized frame .. or even a split inside/outside frame of black/white or black/bare metal would be good.

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. But I was hoping to do something that look, but collapsible. And then moving from a table to a heavy duty Keyboard stand for my controller.

If you find a local carpenter they can definitely create it with hinges... may not be as thick as the one shown but they can get that look. The one I showed you was done by a carpenter according to that instagram page.

Amercan dj has cheap light facades American DJ Event Facade in White | IDJNOW I would just buy one of each at that price and not have to worry about switching things up (and this weekend is 15% off, so you can get both for $510 total).
The panel sizes are odd sizes, so I'd have to do more work in retrofitting the panels .. and if I recall, they aren't so easy to replace panels.

I don't have a need for a facade very often, so I'm looking for a more universal system .. I agree it will take more work on my end.

You can do what I did with my dancing stages. You can buy custom pieces of black aluminum tube and right angle connectors from eztube.com (probably this style 100-130 Single Fin for 1/4" Recessed Panel - EZTube | Easy to Assemble Aluminum Framing System ) to create the exact size you want, and then buy custom acrylic pieces with the transparency you want for the white, and of course black would be black. You can put high strength velcro all around the frame and change them as you see needed. It's lightweight, durable, and versatile.

Reactions: JamminDownJD
I bought one of those ADJ facades and only used it once. I didn't like it for several reasons so I sold it.