Weddings New dj needs help making a playlist

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Play nice, folks. This is ODJT. :)

Sounds To Go has a point here, CrazyJon. Take note of what illegal MP3s you have and replace the ones that are worth keeping for gigs with legal copies. Wipe out the ones that aren't worth keeping for gigs. As you replace MP3s, wipe those illegal copies. Also, stop sending lists to your buddy for him to download off Limewire. From now on, legally purchase whatever you need.

As a side note, the reason that I recommended Amazon is because the quality of the MP3s are superb - way better than anything off iTunes, in my opinion. :)

There is nothing wrong with doing this as a hobby, but as with any hobby, do the best that you can.

yea im already on that i got the money to download everything since i just got my overseas pay and bonus deposited the the other day from the army so ill be set to go as soon as i find and download everything now. thanks for the advice

yea wel i was unaware of thoses facts but i am now and if you makes you feel better 90% im my music is legally purchased from itunes with an invoice and or uploaded from cd's that i have purchased from over the years the other 10% yes is ripped mp3's

Assuming this to be true... I'm glad to hear that it wont cost you too much to legitamize your entire collection.... kudos to you.... let us know when that happens... thanks.

Good Luck, seriously.

yea im already on that i got the money to download everything since i just got my overseas pay and bonus deposited the the other day from the army so ill be set to go as soon as i find and download everything now. thanks for the advice

This statement alone reveals someone who is willing to learn and do right.... thanks CrazyJon.... now if we can just work on your english... LOL:sqwink:

I have been greeted as Numba 1 many a time I smile proudly.

Gee, I always thought of you as number two. :sqwink:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Well, I could resist but decided not to. Oh hell, that was just too easy and resistance was futile.

Oh well, resist this ...

Attachments

• seven8.jpg
    seven8.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 3
I used to use a three song change over into the next genre. I now use heavy hitters if they seem lively to start from all genres including fairly current to capture as many as possible and then when a genre seems to bomb I would not go there unless requests came in from that area after the fact. This slims down my remiaining nights format. You radio guys understand that one lol. Anyhow I am now in free flow with a variet of genres mixed together and have had even more success with all crowds compared to trying to use the patented methods of proper genre to genre switches.:sqwink:

us "radio" guys only know one thing
STICK TO THE MUSIC LOG!!!
:sqembarrassed:

thanks Jon
I know what it's like trying to decide whether they'll "go for ONE more disco song"
sometimes you change just in time, sometimes you push it too far!

Crazy Jon
these are the little things you can learn from these guys on this site.
I've been doing it 28 years
and I still learn a thing or two!

us "radio" guys only know one thing
STICK TO THE MUSIC LOG!!!
:sqembarrassed:

thanks Jon
I know what it's like trying to decide whether they'll "go for ONE more disco song"
sometimes you change just in time, sometimes you push it too far!

Crazy Jon
these are the little things you can learn from these guys on this site.
I've been doing it 28 years
and I still learn a thing or two!

haha yea just like when you get that one person who has to request a corney ass song right after u switched up the beat and has everyone like omg come on already lol

haha yea just like when you get that one person who has to request a corney ass song right after u switched up the beat and has everyone like omg come on already lol

That's when you use your judgement and maybe hold that corny song until it fits in the field of songs being played...

We are not jukeboxes with arms... we are DJ's and as DJ's it is up to us to know our music and decide when to play a corny song and when to wait for the right time....

I'm still learning myself....

haha thanks i think ill do that i didnt realize everyone takes this dj stuff so serious. its not like i was trying to offend anybody. i mean like i said i usualy just do this to add some fun to the back yard partys and now that im being kind of drug into an actual gig i came to the pro's but there only seems to be a few people like yourself interested in helping people rather than giving them criticism because of how they type or because there not a "pro" i dont consider myself an actual dj. im just a radio man pretty much. i make a few playlists set up a few lights and make jokes on the mic for everyone now and then. but again thanks for the help and ill take ur adivce on getting rid of the mp3's

Ive tried to resist any snide remarks and actually tried to give you meaningful suggestions 3 or 4 posts in.

But you DON'T need to be a PRO DJ to write correctly with proper spacing, punctuation etc. After your first post and everybody commenting on the manner you have written, one would think that you would at least try to rectify this. Just the manner in which you write screams punka55.
" HEY LOOK AT ME! I'M WRITING IN A WAY NOBODY UNDERSTANDS BUT YOU HAVE TO HELP ME OTHERWISE EVERYBODY IS JUST A JERK. ITS IS YOUR JOB TO HELP ME NO MATTER HOW INCOHERENT IT MAY BE.AND NO, ITS NOT MY FAULT IF IM ACCEPTING A GIG I'M TOTALLY UNPREPARED FOR. I'M RIGHT AND EVERYBODY ELSE IS WRONG NO MATTER WHAT" Wa Wa Wa , you want some cheese with that whine?

Hey, wakeup call buddy, you cant be the new guy and walk into the playground and expect everyone to bend down to your rules. Play nice and everyone else will.

Jon:

I'm going to put this in a different way...

If you ever desire to go professional, you will need to develop a better writing skill because you will need to write copy for advertising, write contracts, write letters or e-mails to clients and prospective clients, and so on.

If you need some help in that area, send me a PM.

Yeah, and I crap $100 bills after I eat lettuce.

wow,,, be gone for a day and I come back to this...

As one of the Moderators of the Wedding Forum, I'd like to say mahalo for those that gave useful helpful advice to Jon...

Those that just started on him,,,,,, drink more Kool-aid,, Mai Tai flavored!

Jon,,, err New Jon,,,, please notice that in the lower right hand corner there is a "Thanks" button that you can click on each post to show you appreciate what someone has said. It is a nice tool to use to show your thanks for the help and idea.

Roxy, I can never tell, you aren't really leaving are you?

Did I mention any names?

Maybe you should have. :sqlaugh: :sqwink:

Here's one on me! :sqbiggrin:

maitaicopy.jpg