New Battery that powers all my equipment- Yeti 1500

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

TES3S

DJ Extraordinaire
Sep 18, 2016
I had been eyeing this unit for some time, and decided if it did not work out, I could always return to Costco. My B&D units have slowly been dying, and I needed to find a replacement for battery powered ceremony setups, also used instead of long power runs, or when it just is plain easier to "plug" this in.

I have now used it 3 times, and I gotta say, I am blown away.

It can power my ceremony set up for 40 hours, a BOSE Compact at full blast for 30 hrs, and my full setup at 1500watts (peak) for 5.

Almost no noise, other than a fan when it is working hard if you really listen for it.

Attachments

• Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-9.jpg
    Santa-Barbara-Wedding-DJ-9.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 36
$1,000.

Last week, instead of breaking out my stingers to run 100ft to the nearest power, I just grabbed this as it saved a lot of time.

Absolutely. I think every DJ needs this. I don't think I will ever be using a generator or other type of battery for quite some time.

It's just so easy to grab and setup.

Not finding a Yeti 1500... I find a Goal Zero Yeti 3000, 1400, 1250, and a 1000, but no 1500. The 1400 produces 1425Watts, but the price is $1,795. Not inexpensive. Might be worth it to those who do events where power runs are extremely long or nonexistent.[emoji4]

If anyone out there has a link to a Yeti 1500 for $1000, please post it.? That would be right on the upper limit of what I'd pay.[emoji4]

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Not finding a Yeti 1500... I find a Goal Zero Yeti 3000, 1400, 1250, and a 1000, but no 1500. The 1400 produces 1425Watts, but the price is $1,795. Not inexpensive. Might be worth it to those who do events where power runs are extremely long or nonexistent.[emoji4]

If anyone out there has a link to a Yeti 1500 for $1000, please post it.? That would be right on the upper limit of what I'd pay.[emoji4]

It is the Yeti 1000, although 1500 watt peak. Can be purchased at Costco for 1000. Everywhere else is a 1200ish.

It's not the "watts" .. it's the "watt-hours" that's important .. how long can it provide power at a certain level.

The Goal Zeros (and Xantrex and a few others) are true off the grid power supplies. The Dewalt (and the Black and Deckers) are designed for shorter term surges. They may (and have) powered systems (many people use the little B&D units), but the Goal Zero is at another level (and priced that way).

It is the Yeti 1000, although 1500 watt peak. Can be purchased at Costco for 1000. Everywhere else is a 1200ish.

That's kinda what I suspected... Thanks for confirming.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the "watts" .. it's the "watt-hours" that's important .. how long can it provide power at a certain level.

The Goal Zeros (and Xantrex and a few others) are true off the grid power supplies. The Dewalt (and the Black and Deckers) are designed for shorter term surges. They may (and have) powered systems (many people use the little B&D units), but the Goal Zero is at another level (and priced that way).

When I see "Yeti" I think "a $5 coffee mug that people are paying $30 for it". I didn't see the amp hours listed. I'd love to know what the actual run time of a 100-300 watt load would be (typical ceremony power requirement) is for the Dewalt versus the Yeti.

When I see "Yeti" I think "a $5 coffee mug that people are paying $30 for it". I didn't see the amp hours listed. I'd love to know what the actual run time of a 100-300 watt load would be (typical ceremony power requirement) is for the Dewalt versus the Yeti.
The Yeti 1000 is 1045 WattHours, so 3A at 120v for 3 hours (not counting inefficiencies). The Dewalt doesn't list the data.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
The fact that I can get well over 20hrs for my ceremony setup is super impressive. This means I don’t need to recharge very often.

An option if you don't need the power of the Yeti 1000 but want a nicer looking one than the Dewalts or B&Ds ... This Suaoki is priced about 1/2 of the Goal Zero (based on the Costco price) and about 1/2 the available power ... G500: The Most Powerful All-in-One Power Station

$449 for 500w/hr .. though limited to about 2.5A of power .. so around 2hr runtime at full load .. maybe 8-10hr at cocktail level.

1523640221731.png

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
If you're DJing in Puerto Rico, ya REALLY need to buy a Goal Zero Yeti... or a Honda generator, or SOMETHING![emoji1]... anything to generate electricity, 'cause the plugs DON'T WORK![emoji1]

I shouldn't make light of the situation... It's BAD!