Need cheap and best dj earplugs

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Feb 7, 2018
I can't tolerate loud music when I'm djing. My ears start aching. Any suggestions on cheap and best dj ear plugs?

LOL the price you see is in INR equivalant of 15USD.. ,,, ;)
Those would probably work too, but if you wanted to spend THAT MUCH, you could get 4 or 5 pairs of custom ear plugs made that would fit perfectly.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't tolerate loud music when I'm djing. My ears start aching.

"Dr. My ears hurt when I do this." - well, stop doing that.

It only follows that the ears of everyone else are aching as well. Just turn it down.

Seriously. I've worked in clubs where the DJ booth is essentially unaffected by the FOH - and yet, DJs consistently crank the monitors to excessive levels , then turn up their headphones to compensate, more monitor again, then more headphone.... then complain about their ears?

The experience with this has trained me to never turn on a sound system without first turning the local monitors and phones all the way off. It has trained the installers to put hard limits on the FOH gain to prevent DJs from causing injury to customer hearing and damage to the sound system.

Honestly, learn to do it better. I've been doing this for over 30 years and my hearing is fine. I can't imagine wearing ear plugs at an event where I control the sound. If the sound is harmful to me then it is just as harmful to my customer and the audience. I have a responsibility not to injure people.

Last edited:
You might have your speakers placed too close to you. ?

I have never worn ear plugs.

I very rarely even use my head phones. The last gig, I put them on the table and had them plugged in, but did not use them a single time. I'm doing a 80s party this Saturday where I will likely use my head phones a few times.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat

I very rarely even use my head phones. The last gig, I put them on the table and had them plugged in, but did not use them a single time. I'm doing a 80s party this Saturday where I will likely use my head phones a few times.

I don't use ear plugs either... I have some, but don't use them. Many times, I use monitors so I can hear better without turning the volume up so high on my main speakers that it bothers the customers. If you need monitors to get more volume, using ear plugs would be a little ridiculous, don't ya think?[emoji1]

Place position of drivers in front of you. Shouldn’t be more than 100db or so. Little bit more bottom end will be hitting you!

I don’t use monitors! I just do a floor walk every half hour or so.

At the very least, you should be using a headphone to make it look like you are actually doing something. :)