Need a Speaker Adapter for Ultimate Stand TS-30

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ J Mac

Bork Bork Bork!
Mar 24, 2008
West Lafayette, IN
Hey Guys,
I need help finding a speaker adapter for an Ultimate Stands TS-30 speaker stand. The adapter is nothing more than a plastic adapter that sits inside the alumnium tube which will then allow for speakers to be placed on the stands. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J Mac

That would be the one.

Now I just need to find somewhere that actually has them in stock and I'll be set.

This may come too late to help but I'll add my thoughts. Have you removed the poles from the stands yet?

Our stand poles came from OnStage if memory serves. The poles are reversible ~ one end fits 1-1/2" cups, the other end fits 1-3/8" cups. Just remove the pole from the stand, reverse it and you have your other stand cup size.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the idea Fred...I'll give that a try when I get home tonight.

Well, no dice on that one either Fred. Still, thanks for the idea.

So, here's a follow up to this thread. We ended up getting the silver adapters (shown before in this thread) that were designed for the Ultimate TS-80/90 series from Ben (who got them to us nice and fast) and I went to work on retrofitting the TS-30's with the new adapters...some pics and then descriptions to follow.

Attachments

• 100_7998.jpg
    100_7998.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_8000.jpg
    100_8000.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_8001.jpg
    100_8001.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_8002.jpg
    100_8002.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_8004.jpg
    100_8004.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_8008.jpg
    100_8008.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 0
So the top 3 pics show the stands before and the adapter that broke and how it broke.

The next one is the table with all of the tools to perform the surgery laid out. It was a hot and sticky day, so the gatorade was added to the tool list.

Bottom left is the TS-30 stand with the new 1/4" hole in it to allow for the addition of the adapters. Just in case you were wondering, everything was measured out so the new adapters extended the exact same amount as the old ones from the stand.

The bottom right is a pic of both stands after the operation.

In the end, these guys will have at least two more times out this year (we've only got two more gigs on the books so far that will require 4 speaker stands) and then depending on our needs, they might be replaced next year and then regulated to backup duties.

Once again everyone, thanks for all of your help on this.